cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRM Workflow error "Request Pending for role owner approval" - SAP GRC AC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have designed a role methodology where at second last stage "Role approval" is needed and once it is done role generation could happen.

I have also also designed a workflow for role approval with one stage as "Role owner approval".

When we are creating a role I have entered all the details for ex: role assignment owner, role content owner and other necessary details and at "role approval" stage  initiated the approval.

After this, role owner gets the request where he has to approve the request. Finally role owner approves the new role creation.

Now after the approval from role owner ideally the workflow should finish and role will move to next step as per the methodology in BRM but in our case the workflow is not showing as complete nor its lying with role owner stage.

In BRM role maintenance the role shows "Request pending for role owner approval" and not moving to next step. See capture1.png file

Workflow also says approved by role owner but not showing end of request, It shows "running" and "pending approval". See capture2.png

Could you please let how can we move to next step after role approval in BRM methodology and how can I end my workflow which is showing as pending approval though it is approved by role owner ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This Flow is working fine for me.

Steps I have followed are as follows:

1. Role methodology consists of 4 steps: Define Role -> Maintain Authorization -> Request Approval --> Generate Roles.

2. Similarly as did by you i have also designed workflow for role approval with one stage as "Role owner approval”. Then the agent i
have assigned to the stage has been made Role Owner in Front-end (NWBC ->
Rule Setup -> Access Control Owner).

3. Finally in Setp1 of Role methodology (Define Role ->
Owners/Approvers –List of Approvers). Role Owner has been assigned to the role
as an Assignment Approver and Role Content Approver.

Recheck the steps. And also, please provide the audit log details.
(Screen Shot1… select any role and click on audit role).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply.

Audit log says request approved by role owner at role approval stage after that it should finish and release the role for generation but it got stuck and no log is available. see screen shot below

Role Methodology:

Though Approval is done, role methodology is not moving forward and even role owner can't find request request in their inbox. Every time for each role it says "role is in locked mode" and"role is pending approval". It got stuck but don't know where. see screen shot above.

One thing I notice in my workflow when I tried to debug my worfklow through GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD is that some event is failing for this workflow. see screen shot below

It seems that this is root cause ...

Any idea how to rectify this workflow error issue. I guess some event linkage can solve this. But don't know how to do it.

Any suggestion or help would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Message -> Role 'X' is in locked mode, appears when the role is in edit mode on PFCG Screen.

Please check, after maintaining the authorization and generation of profile... you free that role i.e. you come out from edit mode on PFCG Screen.

Best regards,

Arun Singal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have checked in back end system, role is not in edit mode. Also I have login again in backend system and tried to change it. It actually allowed me to do that... that means the role is not opened somewhere in change mode.

Any other suggestion on workflow part, I guess if workflow get finished the role might get released.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I had the same problems, but fixed it with implementing the following OSS Notes:

0001772759 UAM: Business role not visible in Existing assignment Tab

0001792367 UAM: Exit from GRC is not passing the latest status to IDM

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Bang on!!

Thank you... My issue got resolved.

Have a nice day!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Great.

I had the same Issue. I applied the notes: 0001757422, 0001772759 and 0001792367.

The Issue is solved.

Thanks for the info.

Best Regards, Xavi