cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI create multiple instances of a segment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My source is a flat file and target to create Idocs in ECC. When i import the idoc adrmas03 in PI ,I can see structures for each segment which need to be mapped to source fields.

My requirement :

if source_file-field1 populated -> build segment SEG1 with data populated . This has been done .

IF source_file-field2 is populated -> build segment SEG1 Again with new data .HOw can I achieve this . I tried right clicking on the segment and 'DUPLICATE SUBTREE',but this did not work. I could not change the imported structure format for Idoc hence the new structure was deleted immediately.

Any inputs ???

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check whether SEG1 is having immediate top node which is having occurance 0..unbounded .

If yes then duplicate that node ;provided if it does not effect your other mappings .

If above is not possible then check with ABAP folks and ask them to change the occurance to 0..unbounded and reimport the idoc once again.

By any chance if you are doing for testing purpuse ;you can achive this by simply downloading the IDOC to local system change the occurance of that perticular node and reimport into PI server as an external definition.

Regards

Venkat

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. Make sure the target segment has 0..unbounded

2. Use createIf node function for the Duplicate subtree based on your source condition

Regards.,

V.Rangarajan