cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input field validation by check table in data dictionary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a custom table with standard field such as Vendor , Purch. Group etc. with corresponding check table and domain. I am using this field in webdynpro view , I want to validate data before saving entry in my Custom Table through check table . I am not willing to write a select statement in webdynpro runtime enviroment to validate data due to the performance of application.

Please advice why Check table validation is not working for Webdynpro view similar to the R/3 Screen?

Please provide ant other solution except writing a select staement in WODOBEFOREACTION method of the view.

Regards,

Kapil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

The WDA application running in the web browser doesn't currently have all the same capabilities as a SAPgui transaction running on the desktop. Maybe some future release will change that, but in the mean time, if your input field is editable by the user, you will need to validate against the check table programmatically.

If you really want to avoid validation, you could offer dropdown fields so that the user is prevented from typing into the field.

Take a look at the document Checklist for High-Performance WDA Programming. Maybe you could improve the efficiency of your component so that adding validations in hook method wddobeforeaction doesn't negatively impact performance.

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

Try to validate the check table fields with the help of assistance class(By writing validation logic in assistance class with conditions).

Katrice