Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consume web service in format .svc

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I want to consume a web service that has format .svc . When I consume it in abap it results in error like No vendor specified . How to avoid this error

Thanks

Prabaharan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan,

What steps have you done so far to reach this point of your testing?

Regards, Trevor

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi trevor.

I used URL to test in SE80 but no luck. I am in starting point to kick start.it would be helpfull if you suggest me the steps in consuming.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan,

You would need to generate a Consumer Proxy in SAP first. Try a search through SCN for guides on creating a Consumer Proxy for a Windows web service - you should get some hits. It creates a sort or shell for the Windows service on SAP of how your resquest message and response message whould look - and the "import" and "export" parameters.

The Consumer Proxy is generated using the WSDL (web sevice deifintion) of the the Windows Service, so you will need to get that first. Once you have the WSDL, you can generate the consumer proxy on SAP (TCode SPROXY) using this WSDL. You can then add your Abap code in this proxy to populate the calling parameters. Then you create a logical port for this proxy (also using the Windows web service WSDL) using TCode SOAMANAGER and add any necessary authentication for the web service and set it as a default port for you Consumer Proxy. When you then execute your proxy from Abap it will call initiate your request to the web service endpoint and you get a proper response (success or failure).

Regards, Trevor

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I have tested the URL in SE80 and followed the steps you specified but still same error.

Thanks