cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSCS Cluster shutdown Steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert!

I have deployed failover clustering and Oracle file safe manager on Windows 2008 for SAP ECC6 EHP6

The Oracle file safe manager and failover clustering managing Windows + SAP and Oracle database clustering!

I am looking the steps or best document described to shutdown the cluster!

should I use oracle fail safe manager ? fileover clustering to shutdown oracle group ?

Please provide steps which will help us to bring online again without any issues !

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thiago_cavalheiro
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anwer,

You should always use the failover cluster manager in order to startup or shutdown the SAP.

It will use OFS underneath for the database so this is the best way. The cluster services are configured so that they'll have the relations between them, so either startup and shutdown should be done by it's managing tool. Otherwise you may end up provoking a failover of the services to another node.

Hope this clarififes.

Best regards,

Thiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thiago

Thanks for the reply and sharing experience!

Its agreed that we should use windows failover cluster manager to startup or shutdown cluster group .

The OFS manager will use to manage oracle resources or groups !

do I need to shutdown oracle database through the sqlplus before shutdown server ?

or do directory shutdown server?

Regards

Anwer waseem

thiago_cavalheiro
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anwer,

You're welcome!

When you stop the database service on the failover cluster manager, it will stop the OFS services that are related. So there is no need for a manual shutdown of the database previous to stopping the cluster resource. It is all managed by the failover cluster manager.

Best regards,

Thiago

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You can refer to below note for SAP recommendations for SAP Start/Stop in MSCS environment.

Note 145666 - Start and stop of R/3 in MSCS environment

Regards,

Mudasir