Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFARIA TEM - Data Collector problem

K-
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a strange problem with Afaria 7.0 SP2.

Recently TEM is not working any more.

New enrolled devices are not inserted in TEM activity collector list and old devices data are not collected by the service.

I checked everything I can (services, db services, db data, network connection, etc...) but no fault could be found.

Please, can you help me to ind out how to reactivate TEM services to trace devices?

Note: table [A_TEM_SUBSCRIBERINFO] is not updated with new devices but [A_TEM_CLIENT] is updated correctly with device id.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Andrea -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about the iOS Afaria client downloaded from the AppStore ? This client has TEM "Telecom expense management" removed for Apple reasons.

However an iOS client that has TEM enabled can be downloaded from Sybase Frontline

K-
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm talking about connection log and location tracing, in fact, it is a subset of TEM.

In other words, section DEVICE > ACTIVITY in Afaria Administration where you can trace geolocation, sms, phone, wifi, 3g traffic.

This is a complete feature removal!

Thanks.

Andrea -

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the data is still recorded in the Afaria database, but as you say looks like a feature removal. I suggest you raise a support Case for it with Sybase/SAP and see what they say.

K-
Participant
0 Kudos

Data is not recorded in db as I can see. I'm investigating if it's a post upgrade issue or is directly related to the TEM-stripped Afaria client for iOS.

I'll try with the custom Afaria client.

Regards,

Andrea -

K-
Participant
0 Kudos

Update..

I can confirm that using a custom or older version of Afaria Client insert the device in TEM userlist and record data. So, it's related to the latest TEM-stripped Afaria client for iOS installed using Apple Store.

Thanks for sharing your info.

Best regards.

Andrea -

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of android the TEM data is collected as it should do..

But there are some issue in ios

For ios app store client-- it does not support any TEM data collection.
For ios custom Client- It can collect data only in DATA and WIFI tab. It collects all fields in this tabs as latitude ,longitude,usage etc

Accordingly you can expect your database tables to be populated.

Regards

Batish

jyi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

See AFA client 6175 build.  The TEM is removed on this version.

"Note: Telecom Expense Data Collection (TEM) was removed from the AppStore version. (ipa v5621)"

http://frontline.sybase.com/support/documents/Afaria/7_0_SP2/Release%20N otes_Sys%20Reqs/Afaria_iOS_v6175.htm