cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade GRC 5.3 to GRC AC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have a tricky situation at hand. We have a ECC 6.0 EHP4 system on Netweaver 7.0 EHP 2 platform , and GRC plugins of 5.3 are installed.

We want to upgrade from GRC 5.3 to GRC AC 10.

I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade from 5.3 to 10 which is installed as ADD-ON on ECC system.

Has anyone upgraded in such scenario ?? The hardware capability or memory is not an issue on the server.

What could be the Do's & don't for such scenarios ??

Please suggest,

Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

It is absolutely possible to upgrade add-on. In fact SAP provided SP04 of GRC10 add-on to comply with existing GRC5.3 and new GRC10 to help smooth upgradation of GRC.

Backend will remain the same and GRC add-on in backend can easily upgraded. No issues on that front.

I in fact did a upgrade on a test ides server and it was working fine. Just check wiht SAP for relevant add-on patches.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabita Das,

Thanks for the reply.

But did your IDES contain ECC functionality as well ??

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Yes it was ECC IDES EHP4. I am not sure about functionality as no one really tests that much in IDES system.

When you check the GRC Installation Package, there is Plug-in Installation and Upgrade packs seperate for each Basis version and ERP too.

You can check this SAP note and get a confirmation from SAP -

Note 1590030 - GRC10 Plug-in & 5.3 VIRSA Plug-in (RTA) Co-Existence

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabita,

Will you please list down in short the sequence/steps to upgrade 5.3 to AC 10 which is ECC 6.0 EHP4 server, as I am not able to grasp the approach mentioned in Migration guide.

My major questions are

1) Do we ever have to install GRC add-on (GRCFND_A) on the target sever ??

2) Or will the Data Export Program for AC 5.3 will take care of ugrading the GRC add-on from 5.3 to AC10 ??

3) Since we have ECC on the same box, we would have 2 Plugins ( one of 5.3 & other of AC10). Am I right ??

Thank You.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

1. Yes, you have to install GRC10 UPGR version of Plug-in which is to migrate from AC5.3 to AC10, (not INST which is for fresh add-on installation). Make sure you apply it with all relevant patches

2. Data migration will not do this.

3. The upgrade will upgrade the 5.3 plugin to AC10, so you will have only one plug-in. If you want to continue with 5.3 and AC10 in initial phase of migration, ask SAP which patch will help you achieve this. I had heard from AC 10 Patch 4, the backend could continue working wiht GRC 5.3 and GRC10. Not sure till which patch this support continues.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabita,

I am confused with point 1. I tried to find the GRC10 UPGR version of Plug-in but was unable to find it either under "Support packages & packages" and "Instillation & upgrade".

Will you please let me know where can I find this ??

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

You will find it in GRC10 Installation package - the base package. Rest Support Packages are as usual found in Support patches & packages.

51039481.ZIP packages contain the installation base pack for GRC and Plug-ins including UPGR packages. A Typical SAP_BASIS version 7.00 system will have GRCPINW_V1000_700_UPGR folder for upgrade.

This pack is available in Installation and Upgrade hierarchy.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add, a system having ERP or HR Module will need both NH and HR packages.

GRCPINW_V1000_700_UPGR - To be installed first

GRCPIERP_V1000_700_UPGR - to be installed after above package

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabita,

Good Morning !!

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. One last query ..may be a stupid query ..

After Migrating 5.3 to AC10 , do we have to redesign the workflows ??

Since there is BRF+ & MSMP in AC10 and that is not available in earlier version.

Please put some light on the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Your query is very relevant. RAR and EAM migration is fairly simple, but the same is not true for BRM and ARQ. In 5.3 there was no concept of SAP Standard customer naming convention, so there may be custom fields being used in workflow which are not starting from Z*. There is conversion process well described in migration document though. There are some limitations too, as custom fields will not be migrated, you have to manually create them.

There are other technical issues. I tried to do it on a test server while AC10 Patch5 was there. It was very difficult to carry on and I decided that if I get an option, I would rather choose re-designing.

This may not be case for you, workflow might be simple or new patches coming may be more helpful. I would suggest you to read Migration document carefully and then decide whether you want to go for migration or workflow re-design.

All the best!

Regards,

Sabita

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

When considering a migration from AC5.3 to AC10.0, the items that have significantly changed/been enhances need to have special attention paid to them as to whether to migrate or build new.

For example, in AC5.3 workflow, if you were using CUP to provision to all instances (DEV/QA/PRD), this was not able to be placed into a single request (or at least not easily).  The easiest way to get this accomplished is to create a new request type for Non-Prod (or Non-SoD relevant) workflow.  This can be accomplished by adding a new request type, but also lead to having the user submit 2 different requests.  In AC10.0, this can be solved just by the initiator rule built in BRF+ without having to have the extra request type.  Users can submit a single request for all instances(prod and non-prod), and we can separate this request into different paths by line item.

Areas like, Workflow, Configuration, connectors need to have more scrutiny as they have changed dramatically from the previous version.  But items like the rule sets, mitigation control / users, and firefight information migrate very well.

You don't have to migrate all data if you don't want to.  You can choose what to migrate and what to build from scratch.  This is the approach that I use when doing a migration.

Hope this helps,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabita,

Good Morning !!

Apologies for starting this forum again, but I think I have confused myself following the GRC Migration guide.

As you are aware I want to upgrade GRC 5.3 TO GRC AC 10.

We have two system landscape: i.e GR1 (GRC dev 5.3) & GR2 (GRC prd 5.3) which are connedcted to ERP dev, qa & prd.

In this case we should go for Parallel landscape upgrade, so that the current existing work is not affected.

So now on a separate Box/Server I will install

1) ABAP stack (SAP NW 702 SP6) on new box (e.g. GRD )

2) Install base package of GRC (51039481.ZIP , as mentioned in your earlier response) on GRD

3)install AC 10 Plugins(RTA) on all backend servers (ERD,ERQ,ERP) i.e plugins of 5.3 & AC10 will co-exist at this point.

4)Logon to individual backend systems (e.g ERD,ERQ,ERP) and run /GRCPI/AC_EXPORT , export data as per each system.

5)After export is done, move the data to GRD (AC 10) new server and run import program GRAC_DATA_MIGRATION.

Is the above process correct ?? Or have I faltered badly.

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabita,

I am in process of implemeting GRC AC 10 as POC. Our existsing environment is on GRC AC 5.3. I have completed implementing GRC AC 10 in one of our sandbox system and make it as Main GRC 10 system for POC. At this time i don't need any co-existance.

Now i have chose one backend ECC 6.0 (SAP-BASIS 7.01) system to which my  Main GRC 10 system can connect. This backend system already have VIRSANH SP13 & VIRSAHR SP11 installed. As you said these can be upgraded to GRCPINW & GRCPIERP 10 using the package as below:

GRCPINW_V1000_700_UPGR - To be installed first

GRCPIERP_V1000_700_UPGR - to be installed after above package.

When I load these packages using SAINT i can see the PAT file loaded but its not appering in add-on window to select and upgrade. Are you sure you have upgraded these add-on using SAINT or using SUM.

Or do we have to load INST package and let the VIRSA RTA deleted automaticaly with installation of GRC 10 plug-in's.

Thanks,

Karan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Victor:

Are you suggesting that you install component GRCFND_A on the same box as your ECC system?  If so, I would recommend against.  You can certainly upgrade your VIRSANH and VIRSAHR to the GRCPINW and GRCPIERP respectively and your AC5.3 system will still operate as long as you are above JAVA SP 15 on AC5.3.

thanks.

Kevin T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

We already have GRC 5.3 component installed on ECC system and currently GRC 5.3 functions are working perfectly fine.

So should I not upgrade the current GRC 5.3 (add-on) to GRC AC 10 (GRFND_A) which would again be on ECC system ??

If I am not wrong i also have to upgrade the Plugins from 5.3 to GRCPINW /GRCPIERP so that the connector system will be complitable with upgraded GRC AC10.

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you would need to upgrade your current VIRSANH (and VIRSAHR if installed), with the new GRCPINW adn GRCPIERP respectively on your target systems.  If you are above AC5.3 Java SP15, then you will be able to continue to use AC5.3 as well.  There are several SAP notes on the co-existance of AC10 and AC5.3 in Service Marketplace.

Hope this helps.

Thank,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

I am about to do a GRC 5.3 to GRC 10 migration or upgrade whatever its known.

I am aware the first stage is to do a INSTALL, ( how long does this take)? and who is responsible for the INSTALL and who is responsible for POST INSTALL and finally the Configuration aspects?

Can you tell me please if youve done a AC 10 upgrade/migration, what is a security persons key responsibilities?

I dont want to do BASIS work.