cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body help me in clarifying the following.

1.Suppose in Idoc to file scenario i'm sending PO from SAP system. How does this Idoc gets triggered. How does the receiving Non SAP system uses it i mean what is the use of PO for receiving system.

2. similarly what is the use of SO for receiving system in (http tp BAPI scenario ie. calling the BAPI to get SO.

Thx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1.Suppose in Idoc to file scenario i'm sending PO from SAP system. How does this Idoc gets triggered

this IDOC will be created when the PO will be saved (released)

or when the PO is changed (all in standard and depends on your customizing)

>>>>How does the receiving Non SAP system uses it i mean what is the use of PO for receiving system.

it can create a sales order in another company (typical EDI scenario)

or it can create a PO - if you want to replicate the PO in another system

of the same company

>>>>2. similarly what is the use of SO for receiving system in (http tp BAPI scenario ie. calling the BAPI to get SO.

during the SO creation a message can go back to PO (from which it originated)

and create a PO confirmation (with SAP it will create a new line in confirmations tab of the PO)

or it can be used with VMI (vendor managed inventory) scenarios when SO will create a PO - in automotive scenarios

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Michal,

suppose if idocs r sent to non SAP systems, how they r sent(batch process, depending on poll interval). If batch process is used can they use XI.

Thx in advance.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>suppose if idocs r sent to non SAP systems, how they r sent(batch process, depending on poll interval). If batch process is used can they use XI.

if you use IDOCs from R3 and send to a non SAP system

you have multiple possibilities

- you can send them in real time (right after IDOC in r3 was created)

- you can bundle them (collect) and send as one message to a non sap system

(this one message will contain many SAP IDOCs)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (0)