cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change WBS number in REL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are we allowed to change the WBS ID when the system status is REL or when Commitments & Actuals are posted? So far we were not able to change the ID after we REL the WBS. Recently we found the system allows to change the WBS ID in REL and after posting  Commitments & Actuals. We have not implemented any User status to control this.

Checked the system status configuration in BS33 and found that the transaction PSNC is always set as "Allowed". Please help to advise how this is controlled if not controlled by the System Status.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Tongston Immanuel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing i would like to know is whether you use coding mask for project and subsequent WBS creation? If yes, system wont allow you to change the WBS id in specific conditions.

Besides, the best practice, always, is not to change the the WBS id once you release the project for execution and once postings are done on the WBS. You can control this using User Status. Not sure, but I guess there's a business transaction called "Change Hierarchy". Set this to an option that disallows change of hierarchy. Should work, you can test it and confirm.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

We have multiple client environment and in one client we use Project Coding Mask and in another client we dont use. We are able to change the WBS ID in both the clients. These two affected clients do not use User Status. In those clients where we use a User status we dont face this problem.

My Problem is we need to identify the cause for system allowing to change the WBS ID in the clients where we dont have a User Status while we were not allowed to do it some time back. So please let me know if you have the details of how this change of WBS is actually controlled.

Thanks.

Regards,

Tongston Immanuel.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use coding mask wherein not using it would be automatic control for changing wbs ID. and check business transaction called "Change Hierarchy". as gokul suggested.

Check below thread also.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3292094

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using coding mask in the system that is allowing you to change the WBS id? If not, then i guess its a standard behavior.

The best option here would be to raise a OSS note to SAP and have them look at this issue. They will answer your query in a precise way.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Yes we using coding mask in the system that is allowing to change the WBS id. I have already logged an OSS message with SAP to check.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Tongston Immanuel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi please look ito this thread which will help u

in resolving your issue <link removed>

Message was edited by: Moderator - don't post only link as reply.