cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Webi report using RESTful API

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using BO 4.0 (SP2) and looking to schedule reports using our intranet application. I have searched for APIs avaialble and was able to find RESTful API for SP4 but not SP2.  How can we do it in BI 4.0, SP2?

Quick help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have the opportunity, I advise you to move to 4.1 which contains a lot of improvements.

Regards,

Anthony

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can schedule Webi documents with prompts using the following:

URL: http://<servername>:6405/biprws/raylight/v1/documents/<docid>/schedules
Method:POST
Request Body:
<schedule>
<name>Enter values for City:</name>
<format type="webi"/>
<destination>
<inbox/>
</destination>
<once retriesAllowed="2" retryIntervalInSeconds="60">
<startdate>2013-08-26T15:58:51.000+02:00</startdate>
<enddate>2013-08-27T15:58:51.000+02:00</enddate>
</once>
<parameters>
<parameter optional="false" type="prompt" dpId="DP0">
<id>0</id>
<technicalName>Enter values for City:</technicalName>
<answer constrained="false" type="Text">
<values>
<value>Austin</value>
</values>
</answer>
</parameter>
</parameters>
</schedule>

Using the above request you can schedule the Webi document with prompts to inbox destination  and set for once. The schedule can be sent in different formats to several destinations and set just for once, daily,
hourly or monthly.

BUT, its broken if you want to schedule a weekly report (Calendar Date) with prompts in BI 4.1 and SDK has been deprecated.

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shakeel,

Firstly, thanks to use Raylight (Webi RESTful webservices) and to provide your feedback.

About scheduling, I can say that we have added all missing recurrence modes (like 'weekly') in 4.1 SP5 which will be out before the end of this year.

Hope this help,

Best regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scheduling option is not available in SP2, you need to upgrade atleast to SP4.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SP4 restful APIs provide basic scheduling ability.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_bip_rest_ws_en.pdf

Setting prompts is not possible with SP4.

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is way to add prompts also through RESTFul api, you need to understand  querySpecification correctly which helps to add prompts.Please check 4.2.3 Query Options section for below doc.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp2_webi_restful_ws_en.pdf

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

In order to get proper RESTful  API support you MUST upgrade to SP4 or higher.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay for quick response.

Is there any other way (or API) that I can use to schedule reports in SP2? or its simply not doable?

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

You could custom JAVA/JSP code but again you may need to make modification due changes in behavior when you upgrade to SP4 or higher.

I would very strongly recommend upgrading to SP4 or higher since SP2 is NO longer support.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have suggested, I'd rather not cerate a solution that I have to modify with upgrades specially when we are about to upgrade to SP4 soon.

Thank!!!

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

Good choice, I would also wait to update to SP4 /SP5 and then work on a fully support platform.  This way you can also get support from SAP, if needed.

Good Luck,

Ajay