cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Controls cascading selection on members of hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I currently have a single input control with a cost center hierarchy object in it. There are seven levels in the hierarchy. I am wondering if it is possible to automatically select all members in the levels under the member I select for the input control. For example if I select a member in the cost center at level 3, it will automatically select all members in level 4, 5, 6, 7 that fall under that member.

If the hierarchy were set up as geography > states > counties > cities and I select California, I want the input control to also automatically select all counties and cities in california, but not those in New York.

Right now my users have to manually do this with the tree list option in the input control. So is it possible to make a cascading option?

I am running Webi XI 4.0 SP04 patch 7

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3253580

vinay_lohakare5
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response and options Vinay, but I think maybe I did not explain myself clearly. I found this in the IdeaPlace which is exactly what I am looking to do. Can someone confirm if this is possible?

https://ideaplace.brightidea.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?idea_id={2F4A5CF0-80A3-403D-B74B-6C8C9569B576...

Currently, when a hierarchy node is selected as a prompt value in a Web Intelligence report, only the node itself is selected without manually selecting child nodes or values, and the query returns aggregated data for the selected node only:

IP_p1.png

IP_p1data.png

To select all values of a hierarchy node, the current method is to expand each node, highlight all desired nodes or values and then select them. This is tedious when several selections must be made. Example: Consider selecting cities from a hierarchy containing the American states, counties and cities. It would take a while to expand all the nodes and select all the cities as values.

IP_p2.png

IP_p2data.png

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: Add functionality to allow for “cascading value selection”: Automatic selection of child levels as values when the parent level hierarchy node has been selected. (UI example shown below: A checkbox to enable cascading selection when a level is chosen in the prompt value selection window.)

IP_p3_highlighted.png

1. Enable cascading selection

2. Select desired hierarchy node

3. Click the ">" button - node and all sublevel (child) nodes and values are selected.