cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a rate table with weight ranges - TM 8.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am trying to create a rate table with an OD pair and weight ranges. The requirement is as follows:

Souerc LocDest LocWeight fromWeight ToRate
AB050100
AB51100150
AB101150200

How can I do that?

The location scale is not the problem, it is the weight scales.

I tried to create to scales with scale base weight, which contain either the from or the to values. But the rate table doesn't let me add two scales with calculation base of weight.

And I can't find an explanation to why I can't have two scales of the same calculation base in a rate table, in the SAP online documentation.

Is there a different way (I assume there is a way) I can create this rate table?

Thank you very much for anyones help in advance.

Regards,

Adrian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Clark_Huang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

You can only maintain one scale "weight"  and change it's scales type to "Base Scale (>=)" in rate table.

Then the rate table would be what you want.

Best Regards

Clark Huang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clark,

thank you for the reply.

I guess I have to learn more about TCM and how it works.

This is a really simple and logical solution.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Adrian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Better approach would be as Clark said.

If you are so particular about having two weight scales in your rate table, there is one option of having the standard available weight scale base and creating an custom scale base of your own similar to weight scale base and add it to your rate table.

Steps to having custom scale base.

1. Create a scale base Z_WEIGHT.

2. You need to have the structure - /SCMTMS/S_TCSCALE_ITEM_DB enhanced to hold the z-weight field values runtime (Name the something like - SCAVAL_<Z_WEIGHT>.

3. Once the above 2 steps done, the scale item FPM component - /SCMTMS/WDCC_TCM_SCALE_ITM(Web DYnpro COmponent Name - FPM_LIST_UIBB) must be enhanced to include that field.

This is just work around we had in one of our solutions, if you want more explanation on step 3 more, i can gladly help.

Thanks & Regards,

Selvakumar M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

Thank you too for your answer.

Unfortunately I don't have config access nor am I able to customize anything myself.

I only have the super user and master data roles.

Thanks, though.

Adrian