Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset sorts made by user in WD POWL

DerIchHH
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have a request to implement an own sort-button next to the possibilities to sort entries in POWL by clicking on column header. So i've implemented a new action and within the HANDLE_ACTION Method I sort the entries in result_tab with an own alphabet.

So now I have the problem that if the user has clicked on a column to sort the entries and after that the user clicks on my own button my logic is running but after that the already sorted table is resorted by the column the user had clicked before. I am looking for a solution to reset all sorts the user has potentially made. In general sortation by clicking on columns should not be prohibited. But my own sortation has to be the leading. Are there any ways to do that?

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To understand the issue correctly:

After user clicks on the custom button , the logic for sorting runs and changes the order of internal table

but it reflects the standard sorting results? 

Try passing

E_DO_REFRESH ,

E_RESULT_LINES_CHANGED

as X in handle action

Hope it helps

Bhanu

DerIchHH
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

thank you for your answer. Yes, that is correct. I still set both parameters to true (X), but there is no effect. Only if I would change the query the standard sorting results will be resetted. In case of normal refresh it keeps them and my already sorted table is resorted when it is sent to the UI. (Within debugger all is correct before).

Best wishes,

Martin