cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our requirement is to implement punch out catalogs for certain vendors. Could some one help how to integrate vendor catalog with our SRM system via OCI.

Do I need to do any OCI mapping ? How to do those settings?

In case of punch out catalogs, what information we need to request from vendors in order to integrate with SRM system?

I know some settings needs to be done in IMG Define External Web Services.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

If you are integrating Vendor who have previously set up OCI punch-out with other customer then they should be aware of the OCI schema and which fields needs to be send to you guys in order to integrate. Then you will need only Punch-out URL (May be different for your QA and Production box) with their own set up user ID and password. That you can configure in SPRO with External Web service.

In case vendor is new to OCI then you can provide them details of which field they need to pass in which format. You can refer to OCI4.0 guide http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7948 where you will find exact field require for mapping.  If you look SAP road map, SAP is bringing SRM User Interface Add on 1.0 where requester can search cross punch out catalog through that add-on. For that you need to have OCI5.0 which you can find http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35441 with little bit different from OCI4.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your detailed information.

So except External web services settings in IMG there are no other OCI relevant settings required from SRM side right ?

With URL integration only, system will automatically recieve the respective fields from vendor catalogs?

Could you please confirm ASAP ?

Best regards,

Krish

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Yes, the catalog provider has to ensure that the OCI data are sent in the format described in the OCI 4.0 documentation (= the OCI mapping has to be done at catalog side). SRM will receive these data "automatically" through the OCI inferface and map them to SRM fields for further processing.

SRM is responsible for calling the catalog with the parameters maintained in the call structure and for providing the HOOK_URL  to return to SRM after checkout from the catalog.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your reply,

one thing I want to understand from the information you send is about "and map them to SRM fields for further processing."

What I need to do in srm to with respect to mapping to SRM fields ? Where I need to map ? Is there any transaction / Badi I need to implement to map the fields ?

Best regards,

Krish

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not have to do anything, the standard fields will be read and processed automatically.

You only have to handle the custom fields sent in the OCI fields like NEW_ITEM-CUST_FIELD1 etc. within the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER_BADI. Without this , SRM will not know what to do with these data. The BADI is called during the transfer, after receiving the OCI data in FM WSI_IMPORT_DATA and can be used to enhance or change the data that are received from the catalog.

I hope it helps. It would be nice if you could mark the helpful/correct answers.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

For MDM ( Internal Catalog )  we can have the standard format defined OCI URL . How about the OCI url for punch out catalog's.

Regards

Ashok

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

The structure is similar. You have to ask the catalog provider for the catalog URL and to know what other parameters have to be sent in order to reach the catalog (e.g. username, password).

HOOK_URL and the additional parameters after this are the same for external catalogs.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Thanks for your reply

The OCI url for Internal catalog we can arrive by the parameters http://<MDM-Java Server:Port/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM.

Like that , I wish to know the OCI url for External Catalogs in general .In short how we can get it displayed/launch OCI url for punchout catalog's.

Regards

Ashok

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no general form for the URL of external catalog. This should be provided by the catalog provider.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also need to develop a SAP punch out OCI for our web shop. But I do not know how can I simulate a SRM server and make "Test calls" to my method that processes the parameters. My question is that, what method is the best way to simulate the calls from SRM server to the web shop? Should I install a SRM server? If you can explain to me I would be so much grateful. Thank you very much.

Keyvan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a thread with similar conversation and also what's required on the vendor side.