Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create Log backup on MiniWAS 620 to upgrade SAPDB 7.3

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed MiniWAS 620 and would like to upgrade from the provided version of SAPDB 7.3 to 7.5. I have installed service packs to 37 following Craigs excellent instructions.

Having tried sdbupd I have used the DB manager to make a complete backup of the database and an incremental backup... However when I try to take a log backup I get the message -24988 sql error [backup_save "LOG_BACKUP" LOG RECOVERY]; -3028, Invalid LOG MODE

When trying to run sdbupd I get the message no log backup exists but I cant seem to create one. If anyone has come across this I would be most appreciative.

I also keep getting histlost messages in my backup history whenever I run an incremental backup.

Thanks,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute the following commands using dbmcli.

db_execute set log auto overwrite on

db_execute force savepoint

db_execute set log auto overwrite off.

after that try to take backup.

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !!!:

I have the same problem with the update. ¿Can somebody be so nice to tell how to make the backup?.

Thanks a lot

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Craig, I have managed to migrate my database to version 7.5 successfully. I found that if I open up the DB manager app fully and try to backup the database from there I get problems. Running the SDBUPD command exits abnormally complaining about incremental and log backups being missing even although I had done a complete backup.

If I however run the backup wizard directly from the startup menu then run SDBUPD afterward it is all good.

I have just fired up SAP for the first time since upgrading, I have installed the next kernel patch (1271), DB indep and dep. I have imported sp38 and added it to the queue. When I try to process I get the error TP_CANNOT_CONNECT_SYSTEM. Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you upgrade the TP as well?

Have you set the file share for your miniwas directory ? should be shared as "sapmnt"

Did you modify your profile to add the batch processes?

Did you make the queue from SP24 all the way to 38 or go in steps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've always just done a complete file system back up, but then again I have an external hard drive big enough for a few backups

I've not tried the LOG backup.