Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Standar libraries for SAP PI

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to ask if there are free EDI standart libraries for SAP PI.

I would need to use EDIFACT mapping (IDOC to EDIFACT) and I would like to know if there are free of charge EDI libraries which represents the different EDIFACT messages.

I already know that there are several EDI providers, such as Seeburger, but we are running out of budget and we don`t want to buy that solution unless there are no other way to implement it.

Thanks.    

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Antanio,

I don't think any such libraries are there, instead you could use SAP Business Connector.

Or you can use tools like Harbinger, or Gentran, Pathfinder, an EDI Sub Systems to transmit the EDI data instead of full fledged Seeberger or Conversion Agent looking at cost constraints.

Based on my experience with EDI integration I would suggest you to go with EDI Sub Systems if cost constraints are there with Seeberger.

Post the outcome of any other alternative customization if you are opting for it in coming days.

Regards,

Sunil

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

I do not think that you will be able to find some free solution here.

What you are licensing is not really the "EDI library" but rather the functionality to convert XML-Formats to a specific NON-XML-Format (like EDIFACT)

PI internally only works with XML and therefor this functionality is needed.

(including for example also the syntaX check to make sure your EDIFACT messages are created correctly)

KInd Regards

Stefan