Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null Pointer Comp Conf HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We have recently set up a sandbox system with EHP6 with NW 7.03 Basis 731 ST05 as a predecessor to an upgrade from EHP4 to EHP6. In the future we want to use the Leave Request application provided from EHP5 onwards.

One of our major requirements will be altering the OVS-Search help, i.e. removing PERNR and adding the processor's org-unit.

It is, however, not my question how to do this, I still lack way too much knowledge of the 'new' FPM and GUIBB framework. It's just a piece of background information what I ultimately want to achieve.

After some information retrieval I went via HRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APPL over APPL CONF HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ to COMP CONF HRESS_CC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ of FPM_OVP_COMPONENT. So far so good. I now wanted to see what means I have available when going into configuration mode of the particular GUIBB, that would be (as far as I comprehended) HRESS_CC_GUIBBF_LEAVREQ. But when I click on "configure" GUIBB, it crashes with a null pointer:

What I did so far: searched for SAP Notes, with SapxSearch, via Google for "HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF" but didn't get any useful results. Debugging CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF in the FPM Interface didn't really help either because I can't really comprehend what the root cause for the error is; all I see is a null object assignment in IF_FPM_GUIBB~INITIALIZE but I don't understand WHY it happens. The GUIBB configurator works for all the other GUIBBs in this Comp Conf.

Does somebody have an idea or can point me in the right direction? 😞

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

mo_app_parameter is unknown.

Katrice

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KATRICE HAWKINS wrote:

Hello,

mo_app_parameter is unknown.

Katrice

Can you please elaborate on that?

SLuijbregts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

We run into the same problem you have and also have the HR Renewal installed. Is there allready a SAP Note available for this?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no there isn't. I have raised my OSS message's priority to medium yesterday because the problem is now impacting our upgrade process to EHP6 and not only our sandbox anymore. I will never make the mistake again of opening a support message on low priority....

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lukas, this is (still) a shot in the dark but see if applying SAP note 1750010 helps. I still do not have a HR Renewal system to test with. Regarding CSNs, we haven't had any luck lately getting responses from SAP unless the priority is Very High. I had the WDA layout editor corrupt and delete my entire layout last Friday. I created a CSN with the priority of High, it hasn't even been set to processing by SAP. Luckily I was able to restore the layout myself.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1750010

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

my OSS message has been processed today and released a note 1844676 which resolves the error. Bottom line they just enveloped the mo_fpm method call with an "IF NOT INITIAL"-Statement... -_-

Samuli, thanks a lot for your effort, I appreciate it!

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a short dump? If so, can you share it as an attachment, not embedded in the message?

In IF_FPM_GUIBB~INITIALIZE what reference is NULL? Does the user have any absences? If not, does creating one or more absences for the user avoid the NULL reference?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

thanks for responding.

• There is a short dump; I paste in the source code and callstack ( I don't want to append the whole dump with server infos IP addresse etc 😕 )
  • The respective user has tons of absences in IT2001, I also created some new via the LEA WDA to make sure this isn't the cause. However, I don't really understand how this is relevant for a GUIBB comp configuration .
  • In Debugging, mo_fpm is initial when trying to get an instance, lateron it is tried to use a method which of course fails because the object is initial.

Do I have to do anything in customizing to make the configuration of this particular GUIBB possible? If not, this starts to look like an error in standard to me.

Cheers, Lukas

Sourcecode (in debugger mp_fpm is initial from the start):

1METHOD if_fpm_guibb~initialize.                                                            
    2* initialize several services ...                                                          
    3  mo_fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).                                                
    4* communication with COMPONENTCONTROLLER and UIBB's ...                                    
    5  mo_communicator = cl_hress_ptarq_communicator=>get_instance( ).                          
    6  TRY.                                                                                     
    7      mo_timeacc_guibbls = cl_hress_ptarq_timeacc_guibbls=>get_instance( ).                
    8    CATCH cx_hress INTO cl_hress_ptarq_app_cc_assist=>go_cx_hress.                         
    9*      mo_message_manager->report_object_message(                                          
   10*          ir_message_object            = mo_cx_hress                                      
   11*          io_component                 = mo_fpm                                           
   12**         iv_severity                  = GC_SEVERITY_ERROR                                
   13*                                                  ).                                      
   14*     handle later                                                                         
   15      RETURN.                                                                              
   16  ENDTRY.                                                                                  
   17                                                                                           
   18  mv_arq_mode = mo_communicator->ret_application_mode( ).                                  
   19                                                                                           
   20* New parameter 'LRF_USE_NEW_SEARCH' is introduced to determine if new approver search will
>>>>>  mo_fpm->mo_app_parameter->get_value(                                                     
   22    EXPORTING                                                                              
   23      iv_key   = gc_ap_lrf_use_new_search                                                  
   24    IMPORTING                                                                              
   25      ev_value = mv_lrf_use_new_search                                                     
   26  ).                                                                                       
   27                                                                                           
   28ENDMETHOD.                                                                                 

Callstack

Aktive Aufrufe/Ereignisse                                                                        
Nr.   Art          Programm                            Include                             Zeile 
      Name                                                                                       
   27 METHOD       CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF=CP    CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF=CM005    21 
      CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF=>IF_FPM_GUIBB~INITIALIZE                                     
   26 METHOD       CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FEEDER_CTRL==CP    CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FEEDER_CTRL==CM00O    83 
      CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FEEDER_CTRL=>INITIALIZE_FEEDER                                            
   25 METHOD       CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FEEDER_CTRL==CP    CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FEEDER_CTRL==CM00P    14 
      CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FEEDER_CTRL=>INITIALIZE_MY_FEEDER                                         
   24 METHOD       CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FEEDER_CTRL==CP    CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FEEDER_CTRL==CM00U   218 
      CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FEEDER_CTRL=>SET_CONFIG_NODE                                              
   23 METHOD       CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_ASSIST=======CP    CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_ASSIST=======CM015    15 
      CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_ASSIST=>SET_CONFIG_NODE                                                   
   22 METHOD       CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FORM_ASSIST==CP    CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FORM_ASSIST==CM01L     3 
      CL_FPM_HCT_GUIBB_FORM_ASSIST=>SET_CONFIG_NODE                                              
   21 METHOD       /1BCWDY/SMWMVMFRLGQPVE6OIMEQ==CP    /1BCWDY/B_SMWMVAYQ75D9BK00SODG       1385 
      CL_COMPONENTCONTROLLER_CTR=>SET_CONTEXT                                                    
      Web-Dynpro-Component          FPM_HCT_FORM_UIBB                                            
      Controller                    COMPONENTCONTROLLER                                          
   20 METHOD       /1BCWDY/SMWMVMFRLGQPVE6OIMEQ==CP    /1BCWDY/B_SMWMVAYQ75D9BK00SODG        337 
      CLF_COMPONENTCONTROLLER_CTR=>IWCI_FPM_HCT_FORM_UIBB~SET_CONTEXT                            
      Web-Dynpro-Component          FPM_HCT_FORM_UIBB                                            
   19 METHOD       CL_FPM_HCT_MAIN_ASSIST========CP    CL_FPM_HCT_MAIN_ASSIST========CM035    43 
      CL_FPM_HCT_MAIN_ASSIST=>SET_CONTEXT_ROOT                                                   
   18 METHOD       /1BCWDY/SMWM4QHRT0Z0YHFOHL0C==CP    /1BCWDY/B_SMWM4S2NM4UNAYXPBQWI       3113 
      CL_COMPONENTCONTROLLER_CTR=>INIT                                                           
      Web-Dynpro-Component          FPM_HCT_MAIN                                                 
   17 METHOD       /1BCWDY/SMWM4QHRT0Z0YHFOHL0C==CP    /1BCWDY/B_SMWM4S2NM4UNAYXPBQWI        230 
      CLF_COMPONENTCONTROLLER_CTR=>IWCI_IWD_CFG_COMP_EDITOR~INIT                                 
      Web-Dynpro-Component          FPM_HCT_MAIN                                                 
   16 METHOD       /1BCWDY/SMWL0C011GW0069W9DOG==CP    /1BCWDY/B_SMWL123VGAE5STL9DLJB       2691 
      CL_COMPONENTCONTROLLER_CTR=>CREATE_COMP_CFG_USAGE                                          
      Web-Dynpro-Component          WDR_CFGE_EDITOR                                              
   15 METHOD       /1BCWDY/SMWL0C011GW0069W9DOG==CP    /1BCWDY/B_SMWL123VGAE5STL9DLJB        115 
      CLF_COMPONENTCONTROLLER_CTR=>IF_COMPONENTCONTROLLER~CREATE_COMP_CFG_USAGE                  
   14 METHOD       /1BCWDY/SMWL0C011GW0069W9DOG==CP    /1BCWDY/B_SMWL1QMU200P8ZFLNNI1       1075 
      CL_COMP_CONFIG_MAIN_CTR=>HANDLESHOW_COMP_CONFIG                                            
      Controller                    COMP_CONFIG_MAIN                                             
   13 METHOD       /1BCWDY/SMWL0C011GW0069W9DOG==CP    /1BCWDY/B_SMWL1QMU200P8ZFLNNI1        333 
      CLF_COMP_CONFIG_MAIN_CTR=>IF_WDR_VIEW_DELEGATE~WD_INVOKE_EVENT_HANDLER                     
      Controller                    COMP_CONFIG_MAIN                                             
   12 METHOD       CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW========CP    CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW========CM005     6 
      CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW=>INVOKE_EVENTHANDLER                                                
   11 METHOD       CL_WDR_CLIENT_APPLICATION=====CP    CL_WDR_CLIENT_APPLICATION=====CM003   130 
      CL_WDR_CLIENT_APPLICATION=>NAVIGATE                                                        
   10 METHOD       CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP    CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CM00G    25 
      CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=>DO_NAVIGATION                                                   
    9 METHOD       CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP    CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CM002   116 
      CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=>PROCESS_REQUEST                                                 
    8 METHOD       CL_WDR_WINDOW=================CP    CL_WDR_WINDOW=================CM00V    12 
      CL_WDR_WINDOW=>PROCESS_REQUEST                                                             
    7 METHOD       CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP    CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CM00I    77 
      CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK=>EXECUTE                                                                  
    6 METHOD       CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP    CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CM00U     6 
      CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK=>IF_WDR_RUNTIME~EXECUTE                                                   
    5 METHOD       CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP===CP    CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP===CM01A   114 
      CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP=>HANDLE_REQUEST                                                
    4 METHOD       CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP    CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CM00J    85 
      CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK=>IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST                                         
    3 METHOD       CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP    CL_HTTP_SERVER================CM00D   627 
      CL_HTTP_SERVER=>EXECUTE_REQUEST                                                            
    2 FUNCTION     SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME                    LHTTP_RUNTIMEU02                     1216 
      HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST                                                                      
    1 MODULE (PBO) SAPMHTTP                            SAPMHTTP                               13 
      %_HTTP_START                                                                               
Former Member
0 Kudos

You can always remove the parts you want to hide in attachments, simply use your favorite editor and replace all sensitive information with garbage.

Anyway, looking at the short dump the code of IF_FPM_GUIBB~INITIALIZE in class CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF looks incorrect. In fact it is different from what I see on my EHP6 SP4 system. What is your SP level? Especially mention the version and SP level of component EA-HRRXX. The code never checks that mo_app was properly initialized. In my version mo_app is never used whereas in yours it is. Although I can't find the SAP note that introduces the piece of code I'm seeing in your version, I suspect it is a programming error. I would advice you to create a CSN to SAP support.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are on EHP6 Netweaver 7.03 with ABAP Stack Basis 731 ST05, EA-HRRXX is on 607 Level 7 (whereas this now seems a bit odd to me). Maybe our basis team simply caused a stack missmatch... but I lack the knowledge to validate all these stack/sp versions with each others. I guess I'll raise an OSS message as you said.

Thanks a lot so far, Samuli!

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

That explains the lack of SAP notes, I think you are running HR Renewal 1.0. That is why your EA-HRRXX version is 607.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be frank, I've got no idea what HR Renewal 1.0 is and don't know whether we have it . Anyway my OSS message just passed the first level support of SAP who was able to reproduce the issue, so I think there will be a correction. I'll get back here as soon as this happened.

Cheers, Lukas