cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAX number not getting converted in SOST T-code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we are sending a FAX , it is not converting the number format (i.e. appending the international dialing code) for only one country ...for all others it is working fine.e.g. when reciepent is DE 02097856432 then it is coverting it to 00492097856432 (appending country code of Germany) but if the reciepent is CH 020345674563 it is not appending the country code for switcherland i.e. 0041.

When we check the SCOT setting for FAX for Node RETFAX , there is a option of country code in transmission control category.

The country ( CH as per the example) for which the FAX number is not getting converted is the same value as maintained at this place.

I tried by changing the country field and then the FAX got converted for the earlier country  say 'CH' but nw the FAX was not converting for the new value maintained in the country code field say 'DE' .

My question is that why is this happening , or how is this field creating an exception. What is the way to solve this Issue.

One more thing , this country code value is maintained in the Table SXNODES in the field 'Country'

Please help me to resolve this Issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Garg,

Can you please let me know from which transaction (program) are you trying to send the fax?

Check the following SAP Note:

Note 1640310 - Incorrect recipient addresses when faxing via SMTP

Miki Barzilay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miki,

Transaction being used is : SBWP

Morever the Note mentioned by you is applicable if the mode is SMTP , but we are using Retarus FAX for sending teh FAX.

Also the issue is only occuring for one country code only , the one which is maintained in transmission control.

Thanks,

Pranay