cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tp program not registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m trying to connect ABAP system with the portal via SSO. And I´ve created the RFC on JAVA and ABAP. In the JAVA side, the JCO Rfc start correctly, but in the ABAP side when I tested the connection I get the next message error:

Error de conexión

Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=67

ERROR: program portal not registered

DETAIL: TP portal not registered

COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

I´ve found the notes (1581595 - rfcexec and startrfc missing after upgrade) that explains that the files rfcexec.exe and rfcexec.sec aren´t avalaible on Kernell 7.20.

I´m very confused about the method for register the program in the ABAP side.

I hope yours suggestions.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In addition to the above reply please check this note about the RFCEXEC files.

Note 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

The note suggests to back those files before you switch to a newer release.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After including the diferent folders of NW RFC sdk in the SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64 and \DVEBMGS00\exe and declared the E.V --> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=D:\usr\sap\SCP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\lib.

I´ll need to restart the SAP system.

Are there any more step?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You need to restart your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maria Joseph,

I´ve put the variable in the user variables for user sidadm      LD_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\lib.

To I´ve put the four folders (bin,demo,include and lib) in ...\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64 and ...\DVEBMGS00\exe

After that I´ve restarted the server, but I´m getting again the same error.

Any suggestion?

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to use nohup or service to keep the program registered.

nohup rfcexec -a program ID  -g  hostname -x sapgw<no> & 

For windows, you should create a serivce.

Regards,

Yong Luo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Yong,

I guess that the commando nohup is only for unix/linux system, and for windows I must to create a service.

But the process is to create a service for SERVER_EXEC and for every RFC to register?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You need to have the TP for each registered program running.

If not, your RFC won't work...

For windows, you need to create service and make it running always for your RFC to work.

Please go through the below note last para for additional information.

Note 353597 - Registering RFC server programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maria Joseph,

First of all I mut to create service for RFC SERVER_EXEC,no? And after that I must to register every RFC that I would need,not?

thanks a lot.

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben

the service should  be created for register program on the gateway. if you still have other RFC program need to be registered, you need to create other services.

Regards,

Yong Luo

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

YES, you have to create a service for program register,this service will register the program on the gateway, then you can check the "connection test" in SM59.

if you sitill have other RFC as registered server  program, you also need to create other services.

Regards,

Yong Luo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Have you resolved your issue? If yes, could you please share the solution as we are also having the same issue here in the Distributed environment.

Thanks & regards

Bhupen

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please provide the screen shots of both the RFC's

Also have you created the RFC at the ABAP side with the "Registered Server Program" ?

Cheers

/ RB /

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer Reagan,

The program is selected with Registered Server Program and I´ve put the the host and the gateway.

The HOST is the hostname of abap system, the user /password of sapjsf is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to your /sapmnt/SID/exe folder and check whether RFCEXEC.SEC,RFCEXEC,RFCPING  is available or not.

If not, try to check in other servers where the file is available. Make sure that you are copying from the system that are of same kernel and version level.

Did you update your kernel? If yes, did you try to overwrite your existing exe folder or created a new exe folder and uncared the exes. If yes. please check in your old kernel and try to replace it.

You need to have these three files, in /sapmnt/SID/exe as well as /usr/sap/SID/DV*/exe too.

Once done , please check the note

TP Program not registered in RFC

Apply the note 353597 - Registering RFC server programs (Run it in Background using the example Ø  nohup rfcexec -a <Program ID> i  -g <Hostname> -x sapgw<no> &

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good Day Ruben

What about the RFC from the ABAP stack ?

Have you selected the "Registered Server Program" for the RFC in the ABAP stack ?

Please check whether gateway parameters (Gateway Host and Gateway Service) are maintained.

Make sure that the RFC is started in the Visual Administrator.

Also check this note:

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria Joseph,

In this paths doesn´t exist this files. The system is fresh installed and I don´t have previous versions of this files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I´ve selected the Registered Server Program, the JCO Connection is started, and the gateway host and gateway service are maintained correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please  let us know what is the version of the kernel  you are using. 

If you are using 720 kernel, then rfcexe* files wont be available. In that case you can try this way.

1. Try to download 701 kernel  and extract it to a separate folder.

2.Overwrite the kernel you are currently using in your system with the downloaded 701 kernel.

3. Take a backup of your running exe folder.

4. Overwrite the contents with the files that was overwritten before.

You need to have rfcexec* files to have the rfc working eventhough you get the message tp program not registered.

I faced this issue and did in this way and it is working now.

You can also give a try.

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve the kernell 7.20_300 version. In the note 1740754 - sapnwrfc.dll(.so, .sl) missing in ASCII (nUC) kernel archive, speaks about NW RFC library.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to search for NWRFC ( try to search with support packages & Patches). You will get  list of NWRFC. Uncar it . Inside you can see few folders and there you can see rfcexec file.

Put it in the exe folder on both SYS/exe as well as DV*/exe folder.

You need to have rfcexec in your exe folder to have your rfc working. If not, it wont work

as well as make sure that this rfcexecu is running in background . If it not running, RFC will FAIL.

for Example.

Search Results
000021View content info Add to download basket NWRFC_13-20004565.SAR   NetWeaver RFC Library
Support Package SAP NW RFC SDK 7.20 Linux on x86_64 64bit
000022View content info Add to download basket NWRFC_13-20004566.SAR   NetWeaver RFC Library
Support Package SAP NW RFC SDK 7.20 Windows Server on IA32 32bit
000023View content info Add to download basket NWRFC_13-20004567.SAR   NetWeaver RFC Library
Support Package SAP NW RFC SDK 7.20 Windows on IA64 64bit
000024View content info Add to download basket NWRFC_13-20004568.SAR   NetWeaver RFC Library
Support Package SAP NW RFC SDK 7.20 Windows on x64 64bit
000025View content info Add to download basket NWRFC_13-20004569.SAR   NetWeaver RFC Library
Support Package SAP NW RFC SDK 7.20 z/OS 64bit
000026View content info Add to download basket NWRFC_13-20004570.SAR   NetWeaver RFC Library
Support Package SAP NW RFC SDK 7.20 OS/400
000027View content info Add to download basket NWRFC_13-20004571.SAR   NetWeaver RFC Library
Support Package SAP NW RFC SDK 7.20 Linux on zSeries 64bit
000028View content info Add to download basket NWRFC_13-20004572.SAR   NetWeaver RFC Library
Support Package SAP NW RFC SDK 7.20 Solaris on x86_64 64bit
000029View content info Add to download basket NWRFC_13-20004573.SAR   NetWeaver RFC Library
Support Package SAP NW RFC SDK 7.20 Solaris on SPARC 64bit
000030View content info Add to download basket NWRFC_2-10006458.SAR   NWRFC
Support Package SAP NW RFC SDK 7.10 HP-UX on IA64 64bit

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve extracted the folders on two directories and executed the command

c:\usr\sap\ECP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\bin>rfcexec.exe -a sapecp_portal -g sapecp -x sapgw00

and the command is waiting and I don´t get a result or finish the command. The rfc test works, but I cancel the command of CMD the rfc doesn´t work.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

The command is to register the program in the gateway.

It wont provide you any output. Please check this note.

Cheers

/ RB /

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

I can´t show you the ouptut of the registration command because it remains waiting, and then works the RFC. If I cancel the command,the rfc doesn´t work.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben

Did you try to restart the SAP instance after putting the RFC library files in the exe directory ?

If not please restart the system and check whether it works.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve put the directory nwrfcsdk under the path \SYS\exe\uc\NTADM64 and I´ve restarted the system but I can´t register the program.

\SYS\exe\uc\NTADM64\nwrfcsdk

After I´ve tried to put directly the folders inside nwrfcsdk directly under

\SYS\exe\uc\NTADM64\bin

\SYS\exe\uc\NTADM64\include

\SYS\exe\uc\NTADM64\lib

\SYS\exe\uc\NTADM64\text

I can´t access to Logon screen. In both I´ve restarted the SAP System.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you put the files present in the directory nwrfcsdk in the location where the kernel files are present.

I suppose it is to be placed along with the binaries and not under a directory.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

I´ve already tried this. I´ve put the content of nwrfcsdk directly in the kernell without the directory.

\SYS\exe\uc\NTADM64\bin

\SYS\exe\uc\NTADM64\include

\SYS\exe\uc\NTADM64\lib

\SYS\exe\uc\NTADM64\text

But this way doesn´t work... I can´t access to SAP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Use the below command and try to run the file in background mode.

Apply the note 353597 - Registering RFC server programs (Run it in Background using the example &  nohup rfcexec -a program ID  -g  hostname -x sapgw<no> &

As said earlier, till the rfcexec is running, you will have your RFC working.

If your OS is windows, try to create a serivce and make it running in background.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal