cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI integration with EDI format TRADACOMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are about to implement at solution with a partner that expects EDI format TRADACOMS.

SAP should send a Purchase Order in TRADACOMS format.

PARTNER then sends a Purchase Ack in TRADACOMS format.

We have SAP PI 7.0 and no special EDI Adapters installed.

What would be the simplest "SA PI integration solution" to implement ?

( Giving cost a parameter as well )

Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

You could use SAP Business Connector.

Or you can use tools like Harbinger, or Gentran, Pathfinder, an EDI Sub Systems to transmit the EDI data instead of full fledged Seeberger or Conversion Agent looking at cost constraints.

Regards,

Sunil M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

We had developed similar scenario using seeburger's BIC mapping designer. I am not sure of the cost factor as customer already had it. However you may also develop java mapping for this if you dont want to buy any tool. However this would require java expertise.

Regards,

Beena.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Try with B2B AddOn, its quite new in B2B Space, not sure about its performance and customer responses.

Definitely it will be big boost on B2B Integration market, is it gonna replace Seeberger era..?

Find more details at..

Wish you all the best.!

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

We will try to this in mapping instead and FCC.

Thx anyway 🙂

//MA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

I would suggest you to explore the B2B Addon by SAP, which was launched on March 2012 and so far has received very good response from the customers.

SAP B2B Addon also support TRADACOMS. But, the minimum version of SAP NW PI required is 7.10 EhP1.

Best regards,

Prashantha

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

my suggestion would be the Seeburger EDI-Adapter which I have used at multiple clients to create Tradacom-Formats.

There you have standard-messages and functionality available (e.g. to create the summary-segments at the end....).

If you need more details, we can discuss separately.

Regards

Stefan

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on my experience with EDI integration I would suggest you to go with EDI Sub Systems if cost constraints are there with Seeberger.

Post the outcome of any other alternative customization if you are opting for it in coming days.

Regards,

Sunil