cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM Slotting issue- requirement Quantity Indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

'Requirement Quantity Indicator' is wrongly determined in slotting run for a product.

We have Assigned Intervals to Requirement Indicators.

for ex:  if 'Maximum Requirement Value = 100, then requirement Quantity Indicator = SLOW

and if 'Maximum Requirement Value = 1000, then requirement Quantity Indicator = FAST etc.

Demand Qty = 1000 is maintained in the Warehouse /Product under slotting TAB.

Irrespective of the demand qty maintained in product master, during the slotting, system always determines the first requirement Quantity Indicator = SLOW which is the first maintained entry in the sequence.

How we can connect Demand Qty to requirement Quantity Indicator so that appropriate requirement Quantity Indicator is determined. 

We need this to configure the determination of appropriate PACI.

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Regards,

shashidhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venky1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am facing the same regarding slotting.

Note - I have configured only to determine PACI indicator.

Created one requirement type SO with two requirement indicators S1 and S2.

S1 with max value 500

S2 with max value 900

Demand quantity in slotting tab is 700.

It is always triggering S1 while slotting.

When we checked the logs it is showing as "Read requirement quantity step not active"

Regards,

Venky

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have the identical "requirement type" assigned to the slotting process in the warehouse as is assigned to the indicator determination?

You have to define this requirement type (which is just a key) and assign to the warehouse number and the indicator.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

In fact I have maintained the settings as suggested above.

However, still, the first requirement indicator is determined irrespective of the demand qty.

Strangely, I have another system in which I tested the same scenario and here,the correct requirement indicator is determined according to the demand qty.

So I am really confused what could be missing as I see no difference in customization between 2 systems.

regards,

shetty