Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are Purchase Info Records generated in APO after CIFing them from R/3.

m4abrams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a problem which i need clarity on. I need to know if I am on the right path.
I will list the things I have done and then bring up the issue I am facing.

i) I created a contract in an R/3 system using me31k

ii) I then created an Integration Model using CFM1 and CFM2.

iii) And then used RIMODINI to CIF this IM over to APO.

iv) I was told that this becomes a PURCHASE INFO RECORD in the APO side.

v) Using TCode /sapapo/PWBSRC1 I have viewed the contents of the contract successfully on the APO side.

Requirement: I need to run a batch program on APO side to create/change PIRs with values from a Ztable(Ztable has all the values from the Integration Model).

Qn1) Please let me know if I am on the right path?

Qn2)  I need to know if the Purchase Info Records is generated on the APO side Or are PIRs generated on the R/3 side itself ? 

Qn3)  If they are generated on the APO side would anyone point out links , provide tcodes or a Standard program or Function Module that creates these PIRs?

Note: I am an ABAP programmer and not very functionally sound in APO.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

m4abrams
Participant
0 Kudos

A2)As Sergio pointed out in the APO side a PIR is called an external procurement relationship.

A3) Find the order of the nesting function module starting from the RFC

--->  /SAPAPO/CIF_TPSRC_INBOUND  (RFC)

--->  /SAPAPO/CIF_TPSRC_MAINTAIN      

--->  /SAPAPO/DM_TPSRC_MAINTAIN (intermediate)

--->  /SAPAPO/DM_TPSRC_INSERT_POST (Update TPSRC table. )

To debug at the RFC level you need to De- Register the incoming queue  using tcode SMQR with the queue name  ' CFLDR* '.

Place external breakpoints and debug deeper into the respective function modules.

Thanks ,

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member

Hi Abraham.

Purchase info records are created in APO as "External procurement Relationship".

Externalprocurement relationships are located in the SCM (APO) system under

SCM → APO → Master Data → Application-Specific Master Data →

Procurement → Procurement Relationships and under entry “External Procurement Relationship” in the APO Master Data

The prerequisite for this is that the relevant vendor has been transferred to APO

beforehand as a location. The source location (that corresponds to the vendor in

the purchasing info record) must be known in APO. The system transfers the purchasing prices from the purchasing info record to the external procurement relationship (including scale prices).

If a subcontract procurement processing is planned in APO, then the BOM

belonging to a subcontracting purchase info record can be transferred to APO

as a subcontracting PPM using the CIF.

0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for your reply.

I now understand why it shows External Procurement Relationship on the APO end.

I know that once the program RIMODINI executes, there are 4 RFCs that are called

/SAPAPO/CIF_LOC_INBOUND

/SAPAPO/CIF_PROD_INBOUND

/SAPAPO/CIF_TPSRC_INBOUND  (contains the values for my Ztable)

/SAPAPO/CIF_GEN_EVENT.

Qn) Will the Info Record be created using one of these RFC function modules? Because I need to use the same logic to create Info Records on the APO side from the Ztable values.

0 Kudos

Hi abraham,

When you tranfer a Contract or Scheduling Agreement or Purchasing Inforecord master in R/3 (or ECC any version) then TPSRC is the program used to create External Procurement Relationships (txn /SAPAPO/PWBSRC1) in APO during CIF transfer. Dont forget that you also create a Transportation Lane (txn /SAPAPO/SCC_TL1) to reflect that relationship.

Regards!

m4abrams
Participant
0 Kudos

A2)As Sergio pointed out in the APO side a PIR is called an external procurement relationship.

A3) Find the order of the nesting function module starting from the RFC

--->  /SAPAPO/CIF_TPSRC_INBOUND  (RFC)

--->  /SAPAPO/CIF_TPSRC_MAINTAIN      

--->  /SAPAPO/DM_TPSRC_MAINTAIN (intermediate)

--->  /SAPAPO/DM_TPSRC_INSERT_POST (Update TPSRC table. )

To debug at the RFC level you need to De- Register the incoming queue  using tcode SMQR with the queue name  ' CFLDR* '.

Place external breakpoints and debug deeper into the respective function modules.

Thanks ,