Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core-users usage report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Need a help.

We have setup a sandbox system and currently piloting phase is going on.
As part of  security measure to avoid data tampering,we need to retrieve the list of transactions core-users are executing.
This is needed for all the users.Can anyone tell me how this report can be taken?

I have got the data from ST03N.w.r.t the transactions executed.

Is there any other way to get it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another possibility that works very well but requires some effort is to use audit security (SM19). Roughly speaking what need to be done is the next:

1)      1) Configure audit security (SM19). Be sure to keep the information for at least 2 days

2)      2) Define a variant of program RSAU_SELECT_EVENTS that extract information of transactions   executed the day before (use variable for date)

3)      3) Configure daily job (SM36) after midnight that executes the variant defined above

4)      4) Extract the information of the spool of the job (extract to file using OS printers, send via mail…)

It works pretty well but, as I said above, it requires some effort

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another possibility that works very well but requires some effort is to use audit security (SM19). Roughly speaking what need to be done is the next:

1)      1) Configure audit security (SM19). Be sure to keep the information for at least 2 days

2)      2) Define a variant of program RSAU_SELECT_EVENTS that extract information of transactions   executed the day before (use variable for date)

3)      3) Configure daily job (SM36) after midnight that executes the variant defined above

4)      4) Extract the information of the spool of the job (extract to file using OS printers, send via mail…)

It works pretty well but, as I said above, it requires some effort

0 Kudos

Hi Felix Thank you for your kind reply.

Have a  question, the audit log concept comes into play for super users.For end-users,like if we have many end-users(close to 100) wil the above process be feasible?

0 Kudos

Not sure why you say that audit log is just for super users but anyway this procedure works for end users too. I have it in place with systems with +1000 end users.

BTW, Alex told you a good advice.

Félix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you were searching around this topic you should have come across the security audit log.  If you haven't then I recommend that you look at that method to capture the relevant events.