cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up from Planning Area: Full or Delta ?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am using a ODS and DTP path to mechanism  to extract data from planning area to Infocube.

What should be the "extraction mode". - Full or Delta ? given that everytime I intened to take the complete data of Planning area (selected KF's) every 15 days

Thanks

BORAT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Borat,

I recommand you Delta loading,

You are going to extract anyways only new records.

Hope it helps.

Amine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amine,

The reason I ask this was I need to take back up of "ROLLING" data i.e. each back up is for next n periods of data but I dont see a provision to define dynamic selection dates in Infopackage selection tab though date is one of the fields there (0CALMONTH). Now another issue is the DATA CAN change even in the past. Given this I settled for Full loading. But I am confused.

Objective is to take a back up of Next n periods of data relative to today. i.e. whatever is there in planning area from a certan date on must be available in my Infocube to which I am backing up.

Appreciate direction

Thanks

BORAT

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Borat,

If your target key fields are well defined, you are going to load new ans also modified data records.

In fact you can go also with full loadings, but you have to delete all data contents of your dataprovider before loading a full request.

It's a good option too, but only if your system and solution performence allows it.

Nice picture by the way

Amine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amine,

In fact you can go also with full loadings, but you have to delete all data contents of your dataprovider before loading a full request.

This is what I settled for

but only if your system and solution performence allows it.

Let my client abuse SAP once I have left. I have only used an option provided by SAP and it did not pop up a dialog message saying "You have selected a dangerous option..The system may collapse. Do you really want to go ahead". I will look forward to a full year contract testing data extraction with each of the 14 options. What a nice way to make money

Thanks for liking my pictrue. Everybody likes my picture more than my physical self. Children are often scared  

Answers (0)