cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing failure status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I have created a template for compiling assessment. A few content developers are using this and I am uploading their ulc files. When publishing, some of the files will publish, and some will fail. I have done the following. Create a dumming assessment with two questions, check-in and publish, no problem. The next assessment I use the real questions, check-in and get a failure in the publishing queue. I have re-saved these files with a new ID, still failure message. I have shorten the file name and use underscores in file space. Still no resolution. Any idea why some ulc's will publish and some not, even when created and checked in from the same laptop, with the same template? Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks. I have resolved it. Solution for what it may be worth. We have a template in which we create the questions and answers, template is in Excel. So once assessment is approved by SME, we copy the questions etc to uPerform. If you do this, then no publish! If you take the question and paste it in Word as unformated, cope the unformatted text again and paste in uPerform, then it publishes!!! Anybody know why? What comes with with text copied from Excel? Regards

liushu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

copying contents from excel to uPerform, the formart from excel may also got pasted into uPerform., like control charactors, color, tables, etc.

Maybe it is not explicitly visible but exists in the document souce code.

When the content is pasted to the notepad as text file, the formarts are removed.

Then the content get pasted into uPerform is pure texts and does not have the control charactors which prevents publishing.

That is the only reason I can think of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shu Liu, I agree that this can be only reason. I have done this copy and paste in previous versions of uPerform, no problem, also it was .xls file format, and not .xlsx format. Interesting...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, we are working in Russian, and I think some charactors etc are not supported

liushu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

if there is problem with the charactors, you can create SAP message on component xx-part-anc .

Ancile may have a check on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. We resolved the issue. Russian is making use of double-byte characters. Solution was a modified ANCILE.CSM.dll file from Ancile. Everything is now publishing fine. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to add is that this issue is only applicable to version 4.5

Answers (0)