cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS in Sale order error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have confiured for creating project from sale order. I have created a standard WBS elemnt, network and assigned in CN08.

When I create a sale order with WBS element say P6 is created. If I create a new sale order for same material then it gives an error

WBS elements could not be included. Check your entry. PLease let me know wether is it ppossible to use same WBS in multiple sale order or is it one to one relation. I have searched in forum but was not able to find the solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason being, for every project revenue is being recognized using Sales Order net value. When you perform incoming order settlement and result analysis system will let you know what is your planned costs and planned revenue that would result into what is your gross profit margin going to be gained from that project and this exercise would be performed in the beginning and saved in KKA2 so that would be used as reference point for future calculations.

Check there might be validation set up in Sales Order to prevent repeatitive usage of WBS element in other sales orders.

Please note that whatever the system error coming is due to validation set up is right and performing correctly.

I am pretty sure that you must  be awre of why project with sales order is being set up and why RA and incoming order settlement is performed. Then checking project values in COPA (KE24). Period end closing of project and reviewing and analysing the project reulsts periodically by CO and PMs in the system.

Even if system is not giving an error you are not suppose to use same WBS element for other sales orders.

I dout that your set up in CN08 might be causing errors. Did you use standard WBS element or operative WBS element?

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

I think it is one to one relation. It is not possible to use same WBS in multiple Sales order.

As per the process, in CN08, you are allocating material to standard Network and you are assigning standard network activities to the WBS elements in your standard WBS.

Go through scenario explained in link below.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Assembly+Process+in+Project+Systems

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Assembly+Processing+with+SAP+PS

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any inputs please