Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS Full-Text Search Field

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

We are facing issue when using "Full-Text Search" field in SAP Easy DMS when searching. When we use this field to search a DMS document, it only shows certain DMS version for the particular DMS number. It only showing 3 version, while the DMS document has 5 version existed when we do search it by its DMS number. Can you help us explain why this is the behavior of this field in Easy DMS?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

so if the full text search returns only 3 documents in EasyDMS it would be interesting if all 5

documents will be returned in the backend system when searching with transaction CV04N. Because maybe 2 versions of the document number are not indexed and so the full text search cannot find them. But then the CV04N search will also return only 3 hits.

So could you please compare the search behavior with transaction CV04N?

Best regards,

Christoph

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

good to hear you again. Actually i have tried to check the backend CV04N prior posting this message. using the Search Text field in CV04N, gives me long running without result (it dumps) probably to huge numbers it search by the key words i put only in Easy DMS i have result but not complete.

But when doing search by DMS number both in Easy DMS and CV04N got complete result of all  version available. Only in the Text Field got some issue.

What do you mean DMS number not indexed? how can i have corrected this kind of result in Text Field? try to check and investigate and compare those missing version to the one appearing but nothing peculiar i can see to give reason why it is not showing in my result.