cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Short dumps via e mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I would like receive the daily list of ABAP short dumps(ST22) via email. Could some one please help me out to configure this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Suresh Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

From CCMS we can get email, but CCMS sends individual mail for each dump. But my requirement is at the end of the day or next day morning i would like get the list of all the dumps for the previous day via email. So please help me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can write a programme for mail alert with the help of ABAPer ,,Check with your ABAP friend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with your ABAPer. There is no pre-defined template or report to consolidate all the ABAP dumps  for the day and send it in an email.

But it can be done via ABAP program. ABAPer will have to create a program to consolidate all the ABAP Dumps and send it . Then the ABAPer has to schedule that program as a background job every night ( or your wished time) .

If you wish to send to many people, in that you can create a group list and send an email to that particular People distribution list. Whereby it will be broadcasted to others.

You can see the below link for reference.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Sending+Mails+-+Home+Page

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Sending+mail+with+attachment+using+Object+Oriented+App...

I hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vimal,

Thanks for your reply, I am able to send the email notification for ABAP dump by scheduling the background job with standard program RSSHOWRABAX and here we need create variant(Daily/weekly) and then maintained the mail in SM36 at spool list recipient while scheduling the job.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Can you please let me know what do you mean by " then maintained the mail in SM36 at spool list recipient while scheduling the job".

I have a requirement similar to you and am trying to set up the email notification as mentioned by you.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Apeksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apeksha, If you want to receive the mail alert, here is the place where you have to define your individual id or define Distribtution list which we can create in tcode :SBWP as recipient address.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Suresh

Answers (0)