Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else needs or would use CO-Internal Order groups as RESPAREA node?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I reported a "missing functionality" to SAP, but was told that while the idea is good it is none-the-less a development request and I should follow the instructions of SAP note 11 to prove the requirement. So here I am, in the middle of the road, living in a shoebox and cleaning the pavement with my tongue...  😉

Jokes aside: K_CCA and K_PCA support the option of authorizing RESPAREA on hierarchy nodes as a means of grouping the individual cost centers and profit centers (see SAP Note 15211 for background) and passing the authorizations revelance to the master data and maintenance of the hierarchies / groups.

Now (and this is my problem), K_ORDER does not offer the same option to use the groups in transaction KAH3 to authorize the individual orders below the node. However exactly these order groups are used by controllers to group the orders logically (beyond the boundaries of single cost centers or their nodes) and create a different "slice" out of the CO world than what K_CCA and K_PCA make possible.

The KAH3 nodes are actually even in exactly the same set of tables as the K_CCA and K_PCA nodes and the check is central in one function module, so extending the K_ORDER concept to be consistent with how K_CCA and K_PCA use RESPAREA would be fairly straight forward.

Anyone else out there interested in this? Support would be greatly appreciated  😉

Cheers,

Julius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I've had to work around this missing functionality at a couple of clients.   It's a pain when you have things nicely organised for CC's & PC's using the hierarchy but have to junk it for IO's. 

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I've had to work around this missing functionality at a couple of clients.   It's a pain when you have things nicely organised for CC's & PC's using the hierarchy but have to junk it for IO's. 

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

we would be very interested to use RESPAREA not only for K_CCA_ K_PCA but also for K_ORDER.

Regards,

Dennis