cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Assignment during Inspection plan creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to check with you about my understanding with regards to material assignment during inspection plan. My understand is below and pls correct me and explain to me if my understanding is incorrect.

1) If I create a new inspection plan for a material during QP01, I can make use of the "Material Assignment" button to maintain/to assign any material which are going to use this new inspection plan in future quality inspection. Am I correct?

2) Does the base unit of measure used by all the material using the same inspection plan has to be the same? reason being when I create an inspection plan for a material #ABC, and I try assign another material #DEF to this new inspection plan (i.e. by inserting it into the Material Assignment pop-up box. System not allow because it claims that the two materials having different Based Unit of Measure.

Appreciates your feedback.

Regards,

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Yes, you can assign any materials which are to use same specifications into an inspection plan.

2) No, if you have maintained conversion for unit of measure in material master, you can assign the material even though it has different base unit of measure.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes you are right, You can assign more materials in Material Assignment tab. If you assign materials, then you can't separately create other Inspection plan for the materials.

2. Yes, Assign materials that have same UOM maintained in material master.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your observations are correct and this is standard behavior of the system! You can not assign the material codes having different unit of measurement than mentioned in the header of the plan.

Regards, Anand