cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience and knowledge of migrating from SAPgui 7.2 Windows to version 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

The particular questions I would like to get answers are:

a)      Is there a documented process to migrate SAPGui Windows users from 7.2 to 7.3?

b)      How will the user customizations (color, fonts, local layout settings) be captured, and/or migrated from SAPGui Windows 7.2 to 7.3?

c)      Where are these settings stored?

d)      Does a SAPGui Windows 7.3 Technical overview manual exist which reviews all components and functions for: BW, BI, PDF, Printing, etc.? I would like to use material to help create end user training.

I have located the following manuals from Market Place, but they do not address these questions: SAP GUI Security Guide 7.30, SAP GUI Admin R7.30, SAP GUI Install Gd R7.30

If you have a “SAPGui 7.3 windows client” contact you can share with me, I would appreciate it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jim,

You have a lot of questions here and I can address a few.  With your S ID you should be able to access all the released manuals and software for the new SAP GUI 7.30.  To start with you will be interested with the SAP GUI Server Installation manual.

How did you deploy the SAP GUI 7.20 client?  You should follow that same process.

The process of going from SAP GUI 7.20 to SAP GUI 7.30 will not change any client customization settings.  Review SAP GUI 7.30 Relase Notes.  The installation DVD is over 2 GB so thats impratical to share.

If you have Active Directory trees then I would get your domain administrator heavily involved as only they will have authorization to deploy the package built using the SAP Installation Server.

Configuration file path is C:\users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common.  The two files name you are inetersted in are SapLogonTree.xml and saplogon.ini.  This is assuming you are using Windows 7.

To answer d.) Printing is not exclusive to SAP GUI 7.x .  Printing involves transaction SPAD on the ABAP side, SPOOL settings etc.  Printing Assistant for Landscapes (PAL).  There are a lot of infrastructure tasks associated with this.  Your SAP BASIS Administrators would be able to guide you in this.

PDF leverages Adobe Documents Services and the BI Add-On usage information is best to get that from the BW Functional Team.  With the new SAP GUI 7.30 the BW 3.5 Add-On is discontinued unless you request a special bulid from SAP.  If you have a SAP BASIS Administrator they can get some of these details.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers

Dan Mead

Answers (0)