cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java SAP GUI: no response after idle time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using Linux so I rely on the Java SAP GUI version. When I start "./guistart (+connection string)", everything seems to work. I can write ABAP applications without problems, but after some minutes of idle time the whole SAP GUI client doesn't response anymore. When I click any button, the mouse icon changes to this watch, but nothing more happens. I can't even close the window. The whole application hangs. The only thing I can do then is to kill the java virtual machine to exit. This is totally annoying because I need to click any button every 3 minutes. Is this some kind of bug? I guess that it's not solveable, but maybe there is some kind of workaround?

Here is my data concerning my SAP GUI version:

<i>SAPGUI for Java 7.00 rev 2.1

(Version ID 070000040201)

Build date: Fri Jan 26 11:44:11 MET 2007

Build details: uw1059, 700_REL, 886126

Java VM: Sun Microsystems Inc. Version 1.5.0_11-b03

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I am leaning to exclude the auto logout feature of WebAS as the cause, since the time period is usually much higher. This sounds more like a network problem.

Some time after you experience the problem, there should be an error output on the console saying something like

"GuiNiReaderThread: read failed: Error: connection to partner '<appserver>:<portnumber>' broken".

This would be an indication that the network connection between your app server and your Linux PC fails. A common scenario showing such behavior is using e.g ISDN lines which sometimes are configured to close the connection after some period of inactivity in order to limit costs.

You might also want to have a look at the . There are many threads related to connection issue.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to reproduce this error again, but suddendly it doesn't happen anymore.

I'm sure, it's more the server network's fault than my connection's fault, because with my cable modem, I hardly ever had problems with the connection.

So it doesn't seem to be a software failure.