cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

When the client tries to takes the remote desktop connection , the following message is displayed.     

can u please help me.

thanks,

gopi krihsnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to check for firewall or antivirus setting on the clients not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah the antivirus is not working........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vamsi parimisetti and shivangini gupta,

Thanks for your reply.........Actually this is occurring only for three clients where as others can......if i happen to log in with the clients RDC user name and password , i can able connect to the remote.

But they couldn't.

One more doubt for me is, where i can connect with their user name whereas why can't they?

May be one client can have the problems with RDC in their side.........but why could the other two are experiencing the same error ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vamsi parimisetti and shivangini gupta,

Thanks for your reply.........Actually this is occurring only for three clients where as others can......if i happen to log in with the clients RDC user name and password , i can able connect to the remote.

But they couldn't.

One more doubt for me is, where i can connect with their user name whereas why can't they?

May be one client can have the problems with RDC in their side.........but why could the other two are experiencing the same error ?

Thanks.

VamcParimisetti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Check that 3 Client users have sufficcient rights to access Remote Desktop Connection and verify the relevant services are enabled in the client machine(services.msc-->Remote Desktop) and also check if any Firewalls/Antivirus in Clients PC's.

Hope Helpful.

Hope Helpful.

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vamsi.....the remote desktop connection rights has been checked in the clients pc.

But when i run""""""services.msc-->Remote Desktop""""""", the system msg's me as..."""windows could not able to find services.msc-->Remote Desktop,Make sure you typed the name correctly and try then again."""""""

VamcParimisetti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

First go to Services.Msc through run command and  from there find Remote Services and enable.Its better ask your IT guy to enable RDC for the Clients and verify.

Regards,

Vamsi

VamcParimisetti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Verify Whether the Client PC  using has sufficient Rights to access RDC and Check RDC  has disabled in the Server.

Regards,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried connecting with the following Run command?

mstsc /admin