cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfactors - Performance management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have the Successfactors and SAP in our landscape. We are trying to implement Successfactors Performance & goals. As of now we have PA , OM and payroll in SAP.

I would like to know all options available for integration between SAP and Successfactors and also the levels at which this integration can happen. Is Add-on mandatory! Can we got without add-on! If so what versions of SAP and Successfactors should we use!

What components are mandatory if we want to use FTP where we save data in flat files and transfer to Successfactors.

Regards,

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

For integration SAP offers the integration add-on 1.0, which is currently on SP3. You can get some information on this blog on .

If you want to transfer basic employee and organizational data then you use the integration package, which is free of charge. Data transfer is done via one of two options now, with the third becoming available in Q1 this year:

• File transfer via FTP
  • SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (PI)
  • SAP HANA Cloud Integration

If you opt not to use the integration package then you will need to build your own integration using an FTP or middleware platform of your choice.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the information. As of now we have decided to go with free version of add-on.

Now the next thing is : do we need enterprise portal for ESS/MSS! How can manager/employee login to successfactors!

In fact we are looking at step-by-step approach which is like :

1. Install Add-on

2. Enable SSO

3. Gather data in ECC

If you can direct me in this that would be great.

Also I find that for the FTP option already SAP provides a set of BAdIs to select custom fields to be sent over to SFSF. Can you throw some light on this one.

I know there is a blog there which you have written sometime last year, but it does not contain the BAdI names or anything of the sort.

How do we determine what fields in SAP would be sent across to SFSF! Are there any restrictions or we are free to do it! If we can do it as per customer requirement what changes would be required on SFSF side to accommodate these additions/changes.

I am also looking at some help in direction of configuring the SFSF for any changes in data done on SAP for the FTP interface.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Bharat

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Since SuccessFactors is a Cloud-based application then it is accessed via a URL. It can be embedded into the Enterprise Portal if needed, but the Portal is not required to use any SuccessFactors applications.

As far as I am aware there is no documentation containing all of the BAdIs, but you can review the Admin Guide on SMP here (requires S-user):

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=011000358700007...

To determine the fields to be transferred you need to work with your customer and SuccessFactors implementation team to define this.

In order to configure SuccessFactors you need to take the Mastery training - this is a prerequisite.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the information. I would check the admin. guide to answer some of my questions.

Regards,

Bharat

Answers (0)