cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP with Material and Vendor assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

My requirement is to skip inspection for a given set of materials from a vendor.  first inspection lot from the list of materials and vendor combination should be inspected and the next four inspection lots should be skipped.

What I did

1. I created a DMR with two stages, with first stage to inspect and the second stage to skip for four times.  The DMR is at Lot creation.

2. I created an IP with Material/vendor combination, with Master Inspection characteristic.

3. At IP header and Material assignment, I assigned several materials for a single vendor.

4. The inspection plan  is enabled with DMR and the material is checked with inspection with task list, automatic assignment, skips allowed etc.

How is the function working during testing

When I create an inspection lot, skips are happening for individual materials and vendor combination.  Every material has to be skipped 4 times before the stage is changed to inspection required.

What is expected is an inspection stage for every 5 inspection lots irrespective of the material being received.

Can you please let me know if this possible, If yes please let me know what change should I do in the steps I have given above.

Appreciate your valuable time and replies.

Best regards

Nagaraj.C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dynamic modification always happens based on dynamic modification criteria.

Which in this case seems to be Vendor-material combination.As per std SAP individual Vendor-material combination is considered for qulaity level to change.Which can be seen from QDL2.

Hence your requirement is not possible and feasible.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. As I know, it is not possible.

SAP always consider the material and plant for modification change.

We have the options for vendor, manufacturer and customer only.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraj,

Please provide the Screen shot of DMR settings&Material assignment in IP.