cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAKISA Heirarchies from different systems in one nakisa instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freinds,

Glad that I got another chance to work on a NAKISA 4.0. I have requirement like client having 2 different SAP Production (HR) systems and had one NAKISA OrgChart instance. Our requirment is to use the standard O-O-S-P heirarchies for one HR system and create new heirarchies for the other system.

To confirm the compatibility I have used SAPConnection in data center for one system and created a new sap connection for the other system.

Created one HR-OCI Heirarchy and used the reused the standard detail in the heirarchies. Now OrgChart is working fine. OrgChart one taking data from system 1 and OrgChart2 (new) is taking data from system2 and showing the standard view correctly.

But the detail panel in my new HR-OCI is always looking at system1 only meaning the data is coming from system one only though the orgchart is from system2.  In my case I have created a new HR-OCI and connected to the new SAP connection I created and pointed to system 2.  I expect complete information from system2 since the connection we maintain at heirarchy level.

Please advice.

Thanks & regards,

Venkat D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The original details panel will be using a data element that is using the SAPConnection data connection. You should create a copy of the details panel (the detail configuration, detail data configuration and data element configuration if you do this through customization) and then change the data element to use your new data connection.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thank you so much for your reply. Can you please elaborate how we can copy the detail pannel to a different one. Because I wanted the same pannel for my new heirarchy which connects to a different system. Appreciate your help.

Thanks & regards,

Venkat D

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You need to identify the detail configuration of your details panel (this should be possible in the AdminConsole). Once you have done this, you need to make a copy of the file in the .delta folder in your configuration build, as well as copy the detail data configuration and data element configuration files to the relevant folders in the .delta folder. You'll need to rename them to something suitable. In the data element configuration, rename the data connection from SAPConnection to your new one. Now in the AdminConsole you will be able to select your new details panel.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Luke,

We went with different nakisa systems as both of them are different companies and issues with UME.

So we are happy with two different servers.

We implemented mobile orgcharts also. Good see on mobile. So closing the thread.

Regards,

Venkat Duggira.

Answers (0)