cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Proxy - Authentication Method in SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with the when I create a Consumer Proxy.

The situation is: I created a small web service in C# and copied it into an IIS Webserver. The IIS works only with Windows-Authentification.

After that I created Service Consumer and a logical port. If I test it I have to enter the User and Password of the IIS.

My problem is now, that the user should not be asked for the User and Passwort of the IIS. I saw in a screenshot of the SOAMANAGER two fields for this information, but my is none, not HTTPBASIC as in the screenshot.

How can I change this? Do I have to change something in the WSDL or in the C#-project?

Thanks for an answer. 🙂

Greetings,

Henning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amarnath_singanamala2
Participant
0 Kudos

Henning,

Did you try activating the basic authentication option in your C# Web service? This might enable the userid/password option while creating the logical port using manual configuration.

Amar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

thanks for you answer. I added a class for basic authentication into my web service and now I get the fields for user ID and password when I'm trying to create a logical port manual.

I used the code from this page:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10861568/asmx-web-service-basic-authentication

The funny thing is, when I tested the web service in our BW-system I got the fields before I added the new class. But I don't know why.

Regards,

Henning

amarnath_singanamala2
Participant
0 Kudos

Henning,

Glad that you could get through the authentication Issue. Could you provide some more details about your following statement;

"The funny thing is, when I tested the web service in our BW-system I got the fields before I added the new class. But I don't know why. "

Amar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I had the problem in our ERP-system and before I added the basic authentication in my C# Web service, I made a test in our BW-system.

In the BW-system the two fields (user ID and password) where available without adding the basic authentication. So I got a different behaviour as in the ERP-system. Thats funny.

Henning

amarnath_singanamala2
Participant
0 Kudos

Ohh now I get it. :-).

Also if you found my blog content useful, please rate it.

Thank you... Amar.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henning,

I faced the similar issue when we tried adding a basic authentication for a Consumer Proxy. But there is an easy way to do it without adding the authentication type in the Service Provider WSDL. In the SE80 Object Navigator for the Service Consumer click on the Configuration tab and go to the Authentication part in the Security Profile and set the Profile value to Medium and Authentication level to Basic and activate it. Now open your Consumer Proxy in the SOAMANAGER and create a logical port of the type Manual Configuration.In the Consumer Security Tab you can see the UserID/Password radio button enabled with a provision to add you ID/Password. This has solved my issued easily. Thanks for this post which helped me in finding a good solution. Reward it if it's useful.

Regards,

Arun Viswa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Henning Haßmann wrote:

After that I created Service Consumer and a logical port. If I test it I have to enter the User and Password of the IIS.

Ther service works fine after you enter user + pass for IIS?

The authentication method is generally automatically picked up from how WSDL is defined and applied to the logical port - I'm not in a position to advise on C# changes though. Having said that, this may not be related to the service at all. It might just be authentication enforced by the web server (IIS).

So a workaround suggestion:

- Try the "manual" configuration of the logical port option as opposed to auto configuration using the WSDL URL. That should allow you to capture user + pass details.

There are several examples of manual config of the logical port here on SCN that you could lookup.

HTH, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

yes, after I entered user and pass the service works fine.

Should I change the WSDL URL oder the WSDL-file? Because I can't find a helpfull answer. Most is PI or a web service in SAP not the web service client (proxy) in SAP as in my case.

Could you give me an example, a link or something? I think I'm to stupid for this oder I'm searching with the wrong key words.

Thanks,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Here's an example of consuming a Sharepoint service from SAP & manually configuring the logical port:

http://scn.sap.com/community/soa/blog/2012/12/08/consuming-microsoft-sharepoint-web-services-in-sap-...

You'll see to create the consumer/client proxy in the Abap backend, the WSDL URL was used - but - to create the logical port in SOAMANAGER, the "Manual Configuration" option was selected instead of "WSDL Based Configuration".

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I tried so set up my proxy and logical port like it's written in the example. (with manual configuration)

But in my SOAMANAGER the point "User ID / PAssword" is grey and I can't chosse it. (see screenshot)

Do you have any idea to make it available?

Regards,

Henning