cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Plant Config Material Characteristics Value Change

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are using Cross Plant config Material in Basic Data 2 and MRP3 views. In the configure variant tab, we need to do mass change of characteristics values.

I found CLMM t-code for class characteristics values mass change. But this doesn't allow the above config related characteristics value.

Can anyone help me how I can change the characteristics values inside the Configure variant tab in mass.

Also would like to know which table will have these values. It is not found in AUSP table.

Regards

Krishnaraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishnaraj R,

give it a try ,  use transaction CUUPDMV or report RCUUPDMATVAR via SA38 to update the material variants after a model change.

example of it could be ,

A configurable material was changed.  a new characteristic was included in a class and this characteristic is analyzed via object dependencies.

Alternatively, object dependencies are changed and calculated characteristic values change as a result. At the same time, many material variants, which would now have to be changed, exist in order to adjust the stored configurations to the new model.  The system sees a material variant as a product variant of a configurable material whose characteristic values are already defined in the material master record. It is therefore treated as a stock material. In principle, the configurations of the material variants may be updated manually by executing transaction MM02 and calling the configuration in this case. An alternative is to execute CUUPDMV to update the material variants.

May be solve your issue.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Thanks Ritesh fo your quick reply.

I ran the t-code CUUPDMV and got a list of materials for a given config material.

However it is telling "No Change Possible" for all the materials.

What does it mean.

What are conditions required to change the characteristics values in mass.

Regards

Krishnaraj

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you please explain what do you want to change in it, with example and i can suggest you the way.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

I have a material master (for matl M1) in which the Basic Data 2 view has a Cross plant CM (Matl XXX) with matl type KMAT in the Client specific configuration section.

In the config Matl XXX, a class CL1 has been maintained - class type 300. this has 10 characteristics: CH1 to CH10.

For each material M1,M2, M3 etc we maintain values for CH1 to CH10.

Now I want to change the value of CH2 from 1.25 to 5.25.

I want to do it for all materials that have the characteristic CH2. I can list out all the material that have the class CL1 and char CH2.

How can I achieve this

Hope you understood my issue.

Can you pls explain in steps

Regards

Krishnaraj

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishnaraj R ,

It sounds like you just simple need to change material , as we do using MM02, so for it you can use LSMW or create a BDC for transaction MM02.

Check with you ABAPer, not a big task.

Mean while , i will check if there is any trasaction to change values in MV.

please mark threads helpfull if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

I will check with ABAPer and come back to you

Rgds

Krishnaraj