cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating STR from PM Work Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts.

I am creating a very simple PM Work Order to procure materials.

However, for the component area, if they are non stock materials, I do not want to generate a Purchase Requisition, I want to be able to generate a Stock Transfer Request (STR).

The reason being is that another department will purchase non-stock materials, and will then be transferred via plant to plant later on.

For reservations MRP is being used to generate the STR.

I have updated the PM WO configuration for external procurement to change NB to UB to try to generate an STR, but this does not work.

Has anyone come across this scenario before, and any suggestions and help would be appreciated?

If this is possible through Standard SAP I would prefer that, but if not I am aware of BADI to manipulate PRs from orders and networks, but this of course will require an enhancement.

Thanks in advance,

,Muna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Ali,

Can you please elaborate on that passage:

"The reason being is that another department will purchase non-stock materials, and will then be transferred via plant to plant later on"

Will those materials be purchased as non-stock, or as stock for another plant? I believe in your scenario you'd need to work with stock materials in plant A and then purchase them into Plant B and transfer. A non-stock material can't be transfered, as it is purchased and directly consumed to the cost object upon receipt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien,

I think I explained it wrong.

So the scenario in the Work Order in the Components Tab:

For Materials that will be transferred as Stock - Item Category L will be used and this will create a reservation - so this is ok.

For Materials that are considered consumed when it leaves the warehouse , the Item Category N will be used which will generate a PR.

So, I want to be able to prevent any Materials which use Item Category N generating a PR - so the process overview will be WO - STR- STO and then the warehouse plant analyse requirements and if that Material is not available they will create a PR and PO to procure externally.

I have changed the configuration in IMG Path -

Plant Maintenance and Customer Service > Maintenance and Service Processing > Maintenance and Service Orders > General Data > Define Account Assignment Category/Document Type to UB and I get a message saying Item Category not allowed with Document type UB, and PR could not be generated for component.

Just to add RLM will not be used to support the process.

Thanks for you help.

Muna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope, PR can be the type of Stock Transport Request (like Stock Transport Order is type of PO). Whether you buy outside or get from other plants, you can use the PR type which named as Stock Transport Request.

Check the process of WO - PR - STO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I am aware, the process has to be WO - STR - STO, as other ways have been looked into.

Simply put from a PM Configuration/Functional IW31 Work Order is it possible to generate an STR rather than a PR without using a user exit or BADI?

Thanks everyone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the menu path

IMG - Materials Management - Purchasing - Purchase Requisition - Set up Stock Transport Requisition - Assign Checking Rule

Mention the PR Document type with the supplying plant.

As per the above configuration, STR is type of PR. There is no separate category for this.

These are Purchasing Document category. For Maintenance Order Category (30), Purchasing Document types which are having Purchasing Document Category with B only can be assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maheswaran. I will look into that.

I work with the MM Team, and my colleagues have possibly tried this (need to check with them) but they are convinced from MM Configuration side they are not able to change the process behaviour - hence the reason why we are thinking of using a BADI.

STR has a document type of UB , and PR is NB and as per my original post when I change this in PM Config it does not work.

Any other suggestions from a PM/CS perspective?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in previous post, you can Purchasing Document type with Purchasing category B. Whether it is NB or UB. Define the configurations in mentioned IMG path in previous post.

There is no other configurations from PM perspective as well.

You can make PR as never for the components & use user exit at PM Order Save event or Release event to create the PR automatically.

While defining PR document type, you have the option of assigning Item categories to the document type. There you can define the Standard PR Item category as well as Stock Transfer Item category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

Have another question from my MM Team:

Please can you explain how to defult the item category U in the PR from the PM work order, as we need UB and U or NB and U?

Thanks,

Muna

Former Member
0 Kudos

IMG - PM & CS - Maintenance & Service Processing - Maintenance & Service Orders - General Data - Define Acct Assignment Cat. & Doc Type

In Acct. Assignment General, mention U as category.

Warning: But it may affect the whole procurement process. Please consult with MM, FICO & PM departments before going for this option.