Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File FCC::Need to extract 8 fields from 100 present in file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working in a file-proxy scenario.

We have a CSV file with 100 header fields.But,according to the requirement I just need 8 in PI after FCC...

Is there any way I can do it or I need to extract all 100 in PI.

Regards,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go for Java mapping  you can achieve it .

Through standard FCC it wont be possible.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Are these 8 fields are the first 8 fields?

If so, you may try fixedfieldlengths parameter and provide 8 fields there.

Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

●      Parameter NameA.fieldFixedLengths defined.

○       If the inbound structure contains more fields than in NameA.fieldNames or NameA.fieldFixedLengths the conversion is executed.

Additional fields in the structure are ignored.

●      NameA.additionalLastFields

If the inbound structure has more fields than specified in the configuration then the XML outbound structure is created as follows:

○       ignore

Outbound structure only contains the fields in the inbound structure

But if they are not first 8 fields you will have to read the fields till you get all 8 fields and do not map additional fields in mapping.

Regards,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Java mapping too,I need to source sml struc..which I can get from FCC..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

The 8 fields are not continous,but your suggestion is helpful.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Is you flat file length based?

If so,may be you can try taking the data into 8 fields and then in mapping apply substring on each field and get the required value.

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Yes I could have done that..but its not fixed length file...need to use field separator here

Regards,

Sri

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Why not do the FCC to read in the full 100 fields and have the target XML structure only include the 8 fields and simply add a graphical mapping to execute after the adapter executes?  A little extra overhead but this way you can get the data without writing and java code and only need to maintain the FCC.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

This is the always the  option,,i was trying to find a better way of doing it...

Thanks,

Sri

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

The best option has been mentioned by Ryan. Take 100 fields (or whatever coming from Sender) in your Source Structure and then map whatever field you want to pass to Target. Can you please let us know what do you mean by "better way"?