cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGEN - which option I should choose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

We just finished upgrading our SP to be in line with the requirement of SAP Best Practices 6.064 activation.

According to the guide accompanying the SAP BP activation, we have to perform SGEN after Client Copy. We have never performed SGEN before.

Which SGEN option we should choose when running it?

First, we tried FROM LAST RUN --> ended up with LOAD_VERSION_LOST short dump

Then, I followed note 672268 suggested by SAP Support, that means I have to choose -- Regenerate only the Invalidated Loads --> ended up with UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION short dump.

----

According to the SAP BP activation guide, SGEN is recommended to prevent activation error. I am thinking to skip this step if it keeps giving me short dump, what do you guys think? And which SGEN option I'm supposed to run for the first time, and after SP upgrade?

Thanks

FERDINAND

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the first option as shown in the attached picture.

Try to upgrade the kernel version before starting the SGEN.

Secondly, if you are getting any dump, please attach the dump completely for further analysis.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my idea if you are running SGEN first time in your system only option you can select is Generate ALL objects of selected Components.

If you want more information in SGEN t-code u have one option --Information about the SAP load generator --click on that it will give detailed information of each option.

Thanks

Mahipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahipal

I'm not the Basis guy neither the admin who performed the SGEN. Probably the Basis guy informed me incorrectly for the the first SGEN he performed. But the result was the LOAD_VERSION_LOST, hence we contacted SAP Support and they referred me to Note 672268 which suggested me to redo the SGEN and this time chose only regenerate the invalidated loads.

Still waiting for SAP Support response due to different error we encountered when running the second SGEN.

Thanks

Ferdinand