SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Digital Receipts from SAP POS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a project to enable digital receipts in the retail stores and I was wondering what is the best way to implement it. We are currently evaluating an option in which the tlog data is sent to the back end POSDM system and the data is eventually sent to a email service provider from POSDM and the ESp will send the email to customer. The other option is to send the data from SAP POS register to the email service provider. Does anyone of you have any ideas , thoughts or experience in this area? I would really appreciate if you could share it with me as I'm unable to find any documents or design recommendation in the internet.

Thanks

Arvind

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

steve_walker1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

One possible approach is to utilize some work that one of our SAP partners have done to enable digital receipts (or emailed receipts). For example, I have seen where SAP partner (DBS) integrated to the Transaction Object of SAP POS to extract the transactional information and feed it to a mail server. They also interject through the OPOS layer to prevent the printer from printing the receipt when it is emailed. If you like I can put you in touch with them.

I have also heard that some solution providers (e.g. Transactiontree) can accept a transaction log feed from the POS and they can look after emailing the receipt for you. This works well if you are doing real-time TLOG trickle to host. I will say that I have not seen this done with any SAP POS implementations to date.

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

steve_walker1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

One possible approach is to utilize some work that one of our SAP partners have done to enable digital receipts (or emailed receipts). For example, I have seen where SAP partner (DBS) integrated to the Transaction Object of SAP POS to extract the transactional information and feed it to a mail server. They also interject through the OPOS layer to prevent the printer from printing the receipt when it is emailed. If you like I can put you in touch with them.

I have also heard that some solution providers (e.g. Transactiontree) can accept a transaction log feed from the POS and they can look after emailing the receipt for you. This works well if you are doing real-time TLOG trickle to host. I will say that I have not seen this done with any SAP POS implementations to date.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos

Thank you Steve for your input. I think my retail team is already talking to DBH on this requirement. My question was more to understand the message flow. The option between sending the email directly from POS system against sending the email from the back end system. Which method is recommended as the best practice for this process? I'm more inclined towards sending it directly from POS system as sending it from back end would involve multiple systems which introduces more point of failures.

Thank you your prompt response on this topic.

Best Regards

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Our software (yReceipts) integrates at the OPOS level so is able to handle the capture and transmitting of the receipt data with no modification to your existing setup.

Richard

0 Kudos

Thank you Richard. we are currently evaluating the yreceipts option. If I need more information, i will get in touch with you.

Regards

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I work with RedIron and we work with you on e-receipts currently. Both ways are possible and we would be happy to discuss the options with you. I believe if you check with Matt Anderson, he is organizing a call to discuss this very topic.

Best,

Justin.