cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset the repository Admin Password in MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a BASIS consultant,and I need to reset the password of Admin user of MDM repository of MDM 7.1 .The database used is MaxDB.The OS is Windows and I have the OS level access.Kindly suggest how I can reset the Admin password of a repository..

Thanks in advance,

Koeli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koeli,

As already suggested above, Pls try following command to change the Admin account password.
"CLIX repEmergencyAdminUserSetPassword MdsHostSpec

RepositorySpec AdminCredentials"

For AdminCredentials use the format Admin:newPass.

MDS Scone holds good for server level password. Pls check and let us know !

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koeli,

Try to delete the already existing password from MDS.ini file.

MDS Scone might have password in an encrypted format which needs to be deleted and followed by server restart.

Attached is snapshot (MDM.ini file with configuration settings) for your reference.

Pls check and let us know if this helped resolving issue.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

Thanks for your reply,

As per knowledge MDS scone parameter is used to store the encrypted passwords  for MDM Console access to the MDM Server. Removing it will remove the password for the MDM Server.

My requirement is to delete the repository Admin password for all the repositories of the MDM servere and reset it to its default value.

Can you please confirm if deleting the value of the MDS scone parameter will help to solve my purpose.

Thanks,

Koeli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koeli,

It will not help your problem. As you indicated, MDS Scone is for the MDS Server password.

The clix command is the easiest and most direct way to reset the Admin password of any repository in MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koeli,

As described in the other posts, you should go for CLIX command to realize the concept of Emergency user in case of loss of all administrative User credentials.

Please refer to the link mentioned below which talks about exactly same problem as faced by you:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3243328

Please check and let me know regarding the same. This should resolve your problem.

Please update us with your findings.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am getting the below error while executing the CLIX command:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koeli,

As shown in your screenshot, you are using MDSHostSpec and RepositorySpec, but you should use Host name of your MDS and Repository Name for which you want to reset the password.

Credential syntax remains the same Admin:password.

Please enter correct values in command and run CLIX command once again.

This should solve your problem. Kindly let us know.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for your reply..I have changed the values in the CLIX command and have run the CLIX command ..but still i am facing the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koeli,

You need to input SQL server name as well after repository name. Please check below link for more details:

http://scn.sap.com/message/5760554

Please update me if you are now able to execute this command. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koeli,

Please refer to this thread,this should help you solve this in a simple way -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/725375

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the clix command "

CLIX repEmergencyAdminUserSetPassword MdsHostSpec

RepositorySpec AdminCredentials