Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 upgrade - Charm emails now attachment PDF

former_member191441
Participant
0 Kudos

We just upgrade to 7.1

In 7.0. We have configured certain emails to be send e.g. to the developer who need to then action the change.

The emails contained a smartform with certain details such as change doc number etc.

When the emails was delivered to the users outlook inbox, the email body TEXT section contained the data of the smartform. The message text body was some thing thing like this below.

Dear XYZ

MD Config. Change Number: 3000002824

Description:  JB after upgrade testing 05

The change above was allocated to you and is ready for development.

(Please note that this e-mail was automatically generated.)

Regards

in 7.1. after the upgrade emails is still being send 100% succesfully, however the message body (smartform section) now is a PDF attachment and the message (smartform) is not being displayed in the message body anymore. The email is send correctly to the correct user as per chnage document, just without any text in message area, but the smartform is now a PDF document

I did check the email actions and conditions, but these seem to be correct and is supported by the fact that the emails is still being delivered. It is just the email itself that now differ.

I hope you guys understand what the issue is at hand.

Any ideas where I can look or change a setting so that email messages revert back to being shown as an email message and not as an attachment.

regards

JB

Sorry for my bad english.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johan,

Please check in scot tcode if you set pdf instead of text

BR,

SAPFan

former_member191441
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you kindly for your quick response.

I must admit that SCOT is a bit out of my territory.

This worked like a charm.! and everything is back to normal.

Have a good day

Regards

Johan

Answers (0)