cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a File to Soap scenario. We need to attach the file we pick as an attachment to the xml message and send. We are able to do this using Java Mapping.

As of now, we have enabled ASMA parameters in file channel. In java mapping we are reading the file name from dynamic configuration parameters and giving the same as the attachment name.

This is working fine with most of files. But for few where the file name is longer than certain length, attachment name is not complete.

In the attachment name, some times the extension is missing and few times the name itself is not complete as the file name picked. We feel that the name is getting truncated.

Please let me know if we have any limitation on the attachment name length. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have observed that the attachment name looks incomplete but it is not actually truncated. I have taken an additional field in the target structure to hold the name and it is complete.

But I am not sure what is the actual length that is maximum accepted for an attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The filename length will depend upon which operating system you are using.

You should be able to find this information for your operating system on the internet.

This link gives some :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename#Length_restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Paul,

From the above details you gave, I believe you are talking about the name length that operating system allows for general files.

My question is about the attachments in SAP PI message.