Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the SMTP node to send emails to various domains or IDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Lets say my company is "XYZ" and our domain for mails is also "XYZ"

I was able to configure the SMTP node by giving the mail host as "mail.XYZ.com" with port as "25". Also configured the default domain as " * ".

Now I am successfully able to send emails  to only the ones which has our domain. Meaning emails are being sent only for ex: name1@XYZ.com, name2@XYZ.com etc.. but as soon as give a email address with a different domain like name@gmail.com or name@ABC.com, its giving the error saying invalid receipent address.

I am sure we should be able to send to any email domain from SAP as customer, vendors with diferent domains always prevail. So where am i going wrong? Can somebody help me with this?

Regards,

Shravan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain entries * ,  *.* in the address data in SCOT .

Regards,

Madhura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shravan ,

Try maintaining the address areas in SCOT as shown in the attached image.This should help too if your exchange server already allows sending emails to all domains.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

I think you need to ask your email server administrator to allow emails outside your domain.

Please go to SCOT ->double click on SMTP -> click on set button near to Internet ->  and make sure you have * in the address place. attached picture for your reference.

I also faced the same issue. I requested the email server administrator to look and thereafter i was able to send email to any emails.

Kindly from your outlook try to send an email to gmail or hotmail and check whether it is getting delievered . If not, it is completely email server problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all that was a problem with relaying of Exchange server itself.

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes . I suspected the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal