cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profitability Segment issues in Sale Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have come across a strange issue ans would like to check if anyone has any clues / solutions or any inputs on this.

Sale order is created normally and credit release in system. it can be displayed using VA03.

But if user wants to go into change mode using VA02, it gives an ABAP Dump.

The details in the dump show that a particular profitability segment number is missing in operating concern.

Further message reads:

The system discovered a serious inconsistency in the data basis of

Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) This message should never occur in

the course of normal operations. The system tried to find characteristics from the segment table

CE4XXX0 using the segment number 017XXXXXXX in operating concern

XXX0. This profitability segment number does not exist.

This happened in rare cases but now it is seen frequently?

ANy clues on this kind of issue ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was raised to SAP and they have provided solution on this.

Thanks

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

May I know ,what they have provided solution for this Issue ?

Advance Thanks ,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

SAP analysed and suggested to get implement note # 1584499 as a long term solution. If you see the details inside the note, you will get good idea on root cause (during ROLL BACK) and how solution works.

For existing order, SAP suggested 3 custom reports to be executed.

Let me know if you are unable to browse this note for any reason, i will share in mail the content / full details included in it.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kartik Badyal

i will share in mail the content / full details included in it.

While I appreciate for updating the forum as to how your issue got resolved, please dont offer anything like this and deviate the forum rules by exchanging SAP related informations to personal mail ids.  Please adhere to forum rules which you can see to your right side.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks GLakshmipathi.

I don't intend to share on personal email ids.

Thanks

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are facing this Problem from Quite some time - Through Our Custom Program We are trying to populate the Derived fields in the COPA Segment for a Docuement in FV50 .

We have used the FM   COPA_PROFITABILITY_SEGMENT- > But after lot of effort - We are getting Above Dump With Some Records  .

I tried to download the note # 1584499- But still Its not released  till now .

Can you please Mail the Solution to us So that we can see where we are Missing Out .

Its a Urgent Issue - So Quick response will be higly appriciated .

Thanks  In Advance !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

Sorry for delayed reply.

I would suggest you to contact SAP for your issue. The reason being, SAP needs to analyze the issue and it can suggest the correct program to rectify problem.

Our issue was related to sale orders only. SAP logged into our test system and verified the problem before provising solution.

SAP note # 0000079847 updating profitability segment for sales document was suggested with three separate reports for COPA repain, reconstruct segments, repain COPA segments for line items in sales document.

These three reports were copied in our system and executed per instructions from SAP and issue was rectified.

Please let me know if you need any additional information over this.

Thanks

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karthik ,

Thanks a lot for the reply - I did refered to note # 0000079847 - But I can See no similarity in the Scenario as we are facing .

Means in the Solution seems to be realted to updating COPA Segment in case of creation of Sales Order through VA01 - As whole code deals with updating it .

But In our case we are uploading the data for the COPA Segment in from a file and trying to park the Document in FV50/FV50L - Now As in this case profit segment no does not get accepted by Database table CE4LAB1 - Hence the dump comes .

It looks like that for various different scenarios- Dump remains same - hence it increase the confusion .

We have raised the OSS with SAP 7 Awaiting the Staus - Still If your code somewhere updated PAOBJNR Fields in the Database before commit - Kindly Share the code .

In Small story - If you can share the code in your case (If it does not violated any rules of engagement on forum) - Kindly send it across to

MAIL ID REMOVED

In the meanwhile we are doing the R&D on our End (Although there isn't much left to try -:)

Thanks a lot for the insight anyways .

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Again and again, you were deviating the forum rules and Moderators' request.  Please discontinue this practice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are facing this Problem from Quite some time - Through Our Custom Program We are trying to populate the Derived fields in the COPA Segment for a Docuement in FV50 .

We have used the FM   COPA_PROFITABILITY_SEGMENT- > But after lot of effort - We are getting Above Dump With Some Records  .

Can you please Mail the Solution to us So that we can see where we are Missing Out .

Hi ,

Kindly send it across    EMAIL ID REMOVED

Thanks  In Advance !

Thanks  In Advance !

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please dont add your mail ids in any of your threads and deviate the forum rules.  Try to adhre to forum rules.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OSS 1761277 solves this problem.

If anyone is facing similar issues of COPA runtime error MESSAGE_TYPE_X due to missing profitability segments (error message KE 499). SAP Note 1584499 does not solve this problem.

There is a design problem (converting the profitability segment update for Release 6.05 may cause inconsistencies if data is updated in application tables even after a ROLLBACK WORK).

Thanks

Kartik