SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEPA FI-CA Payment Run 2 & 5 Day Lead Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i was wondering would any one know the best way to split the Direct Debit Payment Run for SEPA in FI-CA. I have configured the SEPA Payment Medium and have out put the Xml File but I dont see any stanard way of to selecting only First Time or Recurring Mandates in the Payment Run. Ideally I would like to have 2 Payment Runs one for 'FRST' Mandates and one for 'RECUR' Mandates that way I could submit the 'FRST' 5 Days in advance on 'RCUR' 2 Days in advance on separate Payment Runs. 

Also even when I set up a BP that has not been collected before on DD the Sequence Type on the Payment Medium is still being output as 'RCUR' instead of 'FRST'.

Can you someone advise what is the best way to go about segmenting the 2 and 5 day collections.

Thank You,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I don't think there is any standard way to achieve your requirement.

You can achieve the requirement through enhancing event 653, where in you can override the automatic selection of SEPA mandates made by the payment program.

Also, there is event 656, by which you an set can the execution date for the SEPA payment on-
(a) SEPA mandate (I_MANDATE)
(b) House bank used (I_BNKA_HB, I_T012, I_T012K)
(c) Partner bank used (I_BNKA_BUS)
(d) Master data (I_FKKVKP, I_GPSHAD)
(e) Payment data (I_SRT1)
(f)  Payment program parameters (I_DPAYC, I_PARA, I_BAISCS)
(g) Items to pay (T_FKKCL)

Alternatively, if you want that from one payment run, you split the output files of the "FRST" mandates and "RECUR" mandates in two seperate files, that can also be possible by enhancing the Event FM's under the PMF SEPA_DD under transaction FQP3.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I don't think there is any standard way to achieve your requirement.

You can achieve the requirement through enhancing event 653, where in you can override the automatic selection of SEPA mandates made by the payment program.

Also, there is event 656, by which you an set can the execution date for the SEPA payment on-
(a) SEPA mandate (I_MANDATE)
(b) House bank used (I_BNKA_HB, I_T012, I_T012K)
(c) Partner bank used (I_BNKA_BUS)
(d) Master data (I_FKKVKP, I_GPSHAD)
(e) Payment data (I_SRT1)
(f)  Payment program parameters (I_DPAYC, I_PARA, I_BAISCS)
(g) Items to pay (T_FKKCL)

Alternatively, if you want that from one payment run, you split the output files of the "FRST" mandates and "RECUR" mandates in two seperate files, that can also be possible by enhancing the Event FM's under the PMF SEPA_DD under transaction FQP3.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan,

That was helpful, I would prefer not to change the Payment Medium if possible.

I think I will modify Event 656  as follows and have two payment runs:

When the Due Date(E_AUSFD) in this Function Module is more than two days after the Payment Run Date ID (I_DPAYC-LAUFD

) then all records in I_MANDATE where I_MANDATE-PAY_TYPE is NE 'N' should be eliminated.

When the Due Date(E_AUSFD) in this Function Module is exactly two days after the Payment Run Date ID (I_DPAYC-LAUFD

then all Records in I_MANDATE where I_MANDATE-PAY_TYPE =  'N' should be eliminated.

If  I delete a record from I_MANDATE will this mean that this records will not appear in the Direct Debit File?

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You are correct.

If you are deleting the record in one of the event, then that data will not be available for processing in future events and hence will not update the database (DB) tables.

The Direct debit file that gets created retrieves the data from the DB tables.

So, if the data is not there in the DB files it will not be there in the Direct debit file.

So, you will be able to segregate the two payment runs.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

We tried to modify Event 656 BY deleting from table T_FKKCL in this Event but the Clearing Documents get added back into T_FKKCL after we have removed them. Could you suggest another Event where the Records can be removed so the will not be outputted in the Payment Run?

Also I need to make adjustments to the following fields in the SEPA XML File. Would there be SAP Notes that would handle resolution of these issues? We have already imported the new DME Tree through note: 1401975

1. Encoding version in first line of the file was incorrect.

2. Spaces were deleted from creation date and time.

3. Initgpty tag originally contained the company name. This field must contain the OIN for our validations and requires the input of several tags at this point.

4. PmtInfID tag was missing open and close tag and details within the tag.

5. Spaces were deleted from requested collection date.
6. Creditor BIC and IBAN tags were missing open and close tag and details within the tags.

7. InstrId tag had to be deleted as this was causing a validation failure. (This is listed as an optional field on our spec so I will have to raise this with I.T.)

8. Spaces were deleted from date of signature of mandate.
9. Id entered in transaction entered must match the OIN entered in the group header.

0 Kudos

Also all records in the SEPA DME File are set to a 'Sequnece Type' of 'RCUR' even though some FRST Records are listed in the Payment Run. Is there any notes available that would correct this isuse? 

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Apologies that event 656 didn't work for your requirement.

You can check event 653, which allows you to override the automatic selection of SEPA mandates made by the payment program.

The payment program selects the SEPA mandate using the following logic:

• The program considers all mandates defined, active, and not locked for the IBAN of the business partner and the vendor ID sequentially. 
  • If several mandates qualify and the payment details originate from the contract account, the mandates that have an explicit reference to a different contract account are excluded. 
  • If several mandates qualify and the payment details originate from the contract, the mandates that have an explicit reference to a different contract are excluded. 
  • If there are still several mandates remaining, the mandates are sorted by date of creation in descending order, and the newest mandate is selected.

In here, you can apply your following logic-

When the Due Date(E_AUSFD) in this Function Module is exactly two days after the Payment Run Date ID (I_DPAYC-LAUFD) then all Records in I_MANDATE where I_MANDATE-PAY_TYPE =  'N' should be eliminated.

When the Due Date(E_AUSFD) in this Function Module is more than two days after the Payment Run Date ID (I_DPAYC-LAUFD) then all records in I_MANDATE where I_MANDATE-PAY_TYPE is NE 'N' should be eliminated.  

For your next issue, I am not sure whether the issue that you are facing have been addresses by SAP or not. You can have a look at the note 1540040.

Alternatively, have you checked the BADI DMEE_XML_BADI_01. you can use this BADI to make the necessary changes before the DME engine saves it.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

This eliminating /deacrtivation of records can be done in Event 0601.

The following notes resolve the Sequnence Type FRST/RCUR issue.