cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Processing Sequence "By Date", process the newest file?

former_member373665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

The File Adapter allows you to configure the Processing Sequence of files. Files can either be processed in ascending alphabetical order (Processing Sequence "By Name") or by their last modification time stamp (Processing Sequence "By Date"), where the oldest file is processed first. So, my quetion is: Could I process the newest file??,  is there a system administrator-level parameter to change?

BR,Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

I don't think this is possible with the standard functionality. You may have to consider other options like executing a script before processing, i.e. do a file listing in reverse date order (newest to oldest) and issue a touch command for each in a loop. Then when the file adapter polls for files, it will see the newest as the oldest..if that makes sense...but it could also get messy.

Regards, Trevor

former_member373665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

thanks for your reply. I've thought about it but I can not do it.
My problem is that if I have two files in a directory (File A and File B), if the file contains errors A, B file is not processed until the file A is deleted;

is there any way to process A regardless of name or date of creation?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

What type of errors are you experiencing (i.e. file content conversion, incorrect / missing data). If it errors out during FCC you could easily trigger an alert an move the file into an error directory automatically. Next time the channel polls it will process file B.

If it fails in mapping you'll have a different challenge, you could still trigger an alert but the file will stay there.

Regards, Trevor

former_member373665
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

My scenario is File to SOAP to FILE (SYNC).

when I do the mapping (response), caused an exception in the adapter depending on a condition defined in a UDF. If the processed file contains error, this don't delete from the directory (that is my problem).

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You're using an async / sync bridge through ccBPM for this scenario? If you are you could add some error handling and make this work.

Reards, Trevor