cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Subcontracting Reversal of Cenvat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a Subcontracting challan which was created about an year back and is open till now. Now I want to reverse the credit for which I have used J1IF13 and reversing the challan so that it is no longer shown open in J1IFR report. For the same while reversing the challan I am getting an error "Assesable value is zero for the material". I have tried and maintained the assesable value in J1ID, and maintained the CENVAT determaination and Material-assesable values in backdate but still I am getting the same error.

As per another solution given on SDN the solution is to update the excise base amount value (assesable value) EXBAS in table J_1IEXCDTL (This is manual updation of the table). Is there any other solution as It would be hard to get authorization for manual update of table entry. Is there any other way to remove the error.

If i give the assesable value as zero in J1ID would that help?

Please update/help gurus....it is urgent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know why system is throwing an error for accessible amount. Still there are two ways. Either convert error into message for this transaction or do table entry. It is not rare to update tables in excise transactions in certain unavoidable transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nilesh,

I went to J1IF and extended the challan return date to present date. Then deleted the challan and It got deleted. the excise people had manually done the actual recredit and payment to the excise department

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seasrch on SDN, I got 50 answers wen i searched for partial challan quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not do this in system for 2008, during audit this will cause issue. Hnce you need to cancel that transaction in system, or need to discuss with user whay actually they do in reality. Legally it causes issues practically.

For your first query , using J1IF13 you can complete it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case the auditors have raised the issue and the Tax dept has told all of that has been. Now the issue for them remains that the tax dept says its closed but the report shows that they remain open.

In actual case if the material in a challan does not fully come what is done with it. It canot be reconciled (if it was within 6 months it could be reconciled completely and then an outgoing excise invoice or JV can be made to the Vendor)

But after these many years if a challan is being shown as assigned or parcially recived, what should be done to close it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, what about fresh challan? Have you created it in system? How come system allowed you create fresh challan when first one was still open. You ned to close original challan for partial quantity, reconcile it for partial quantity, raise fresh challan for remaining quantity (check if system allows) and follow remaining excise process,

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the period has lapsed Is it right to close the partial challan, as it cannot be partially reconciled, instead should the partial amount be completed (using J1IF13).

The remaining quantity is being shown in the challan but aginst the material there is no stck with the vendor as shown in system and in reality. The issue is for a challan raised in 2008.

The actual excise payment, if any, was done manually by the excise people to the department every year but in syste this is shown pending from that time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your query resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

as of now....I have deleted the said challan so yes it has been resolved...thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Again Gurus,

I have another doubt regarding the same, I have a challan against which partial quantity was received, but then the next lot was received against a fresh challan. The old one was hence left open and as of now there is no stock provided to vendor, both in system and actually with the vendor.

What should be done with such a challan?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

That should be fine. If required, chk if any difference is there in GL balances with FI team member. You can post JV using J1IH to match the differences.